Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Online cut sheet app

Don't know if anyone has used this online app before, but it sure is quick & easy.

https://cutlistoptimizer.com/

tajanessquamishdroc

Comments

• NICE! Thank you.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Yep, that's the one I use when I need it. Works very well!

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I use a separate stand alone program Cutlist400.exe A little clunky but it has been helpful

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I use the same app as John. You can download it at delphiforfun.org/programs/cutlist.htm. I'm old school and save the install program in case of computer upgrades.

• I still like to get up early on a Saturday morning with a good cup of coffee, when the wife and kids are still sleeping, and sit at my workbench and figure out my cut sheet old school (manually).

squamishdroc
  • Do you use a slide rule too? =)

• Apparently I just blindly set the rip fence and make sawdust. The amount of scrap I generate is insane. Woodworking is not my forte.

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • ^^^ The good this about speaker building is those scraps can become bracing, jigs, and sometimes even smaller speakers!

• In my case, they often become the reasonmy garbage man earns a tip in November.

PWRRYD
    I have a signature.
  • I usually check out my leftover pieces in the garage and say "there we go, those will be the tops, bottoms, and rear panels". Then I figure out how much wood I need for the larger side panels. My baffles are usually removable and made from some nicer hardwoods. Cut sheet programs can't groove like that...

• @Ed_Perkins said:
    Do you use a slide rule too? =)

In a pinch...

• With MDF I glue back together and reuse it. Speaking of which, on my center channel project the slot port was a crazy 3 inches to long, so I cut the entire speaker in half at the right port length and glued it back together.

6thplanet
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails