Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Noob

Hey everyone,

My name is John and I live in West Michigan. I've been an audio fan all my life, looking forward to connecting with you guys.

Recently I've been making a hobby out of refitting old speakers locally and flipping them. I also record them and put the recordings up on Youtube if anyone wants to see what I've been working on: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDGMh1GbXqrzU51GmzSN54g

As far as DIY goes, I have built 4 VBSS subs for my home theater and a Madeleine bluetooth speaker (http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/speaker-project-gallery/62234-1st-boombox-project-the-madeleine) based on Overnight Sensations. I have ambitions to build a JBL 4367-inspired 15" 2-way at some point, and continue to refit vintage speakers.

Unfortunately I can't make Indiyana this year as I'm already booked that weekend, but I'm looking forward to future meetups. I attended a meetup with some guys from AVS 2 years ago and it was a blast.

Here's a current gear list in case anyone is interested.

Home theater:
110" DIY spandex screen
Epson Home Cinema 2030
Marantz SR6013
LCR DIYSG Fusion 12
SS DIYSG Volt 10
Front Height DIYSG Volt 10
Middle Height Micca M-8C
Subs 4@ VBSS, 2 behind screen and 2 end tables ()

Hifi:
Marantz PM7000N
Eosone RSF1000 (currently swapped for Cerwin Vega D-6E)
Dual 506 Turntable

Computer:
iMac
Schiit Fulla 3
Audiosource AMP100VS
C-Notes
Eosone RSP910

Garage:
Denon HEOS Link
Audiosource AD1002
Baby Advent II

Thanks for the invite Bryan!

jr@macrjj45R-Carpenterkennyk

Comments

• Also if anyone is in the area of West Michigan and wants to show off their builds, I'd love to do a local meetup!

• Michigan is a pretty busy place for DIY! Welcome aboard!

jevchance
    I have a signature.