Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

OT: Ibis DV9 XT Medium

I'm selling my mountain bike to get another mountain bike, wasn't sure if any one on here shred the trails. If any one is interested I'll post more.

Comments

• What are you looking at getting? Moving up to a full suspension ride? I have a 2020 Norco Sight and we love riding!

joeybutts
  • Sick! Yeah, gonna move up to a Ripley. I absolutely love my bike and it's almost perfect for everything around here in southeast VA, pretty level, a bit rooty but no big chunk to really speak of until you go a few hours west. We head to massanutten/western slope a bunch in shenandoah valley and also hit reddish knob which was FUCKING SICKKKKKK but heading down some of those downhills on a hardtail was literally vision blurring, and I don't hold back, full send baby.

I rode my buddy's Vitus, I think it was an escarpe, but whatever it was is nearly a DH bike, tons of travel, maybe 160F/140R, I think similar to your sight. You didn't even feel the chunk, it was nuts. But it also made me feel incredibly disconnected, and I didn't care for that, nor need it. I'm thinking the Ripley will be perfect in smoothing out just a little bit and staying connected.

Me and my DV9:

ThumperTomkenrhodesSilver1omosquamishdrocrjj45
  • Nice! I started out riding on a hardtail as well - we have some pretty sweet riding here in Squamish - lots of tech and flow - rode it all on my hardtail. Moving up to a full suspension bike makes you just that much more of a better rider - you will love it!

My new bike

And my last bike - a Norco Range

• Good to hear you say that, I'm extremely nervous about switching over but everyone insists it is instantly better on a squish.

Looks beautiful there!! Ugh, I'd love to road trip for two months and bomb something fresh every day. How long did you HT before switching to a full squish? I've been on mine coming up on a year.

• @joeybutts said:
    Good to hear you say that, I'm extremely nervous about switching over but everyone insists it is instantly better on a squish.

Looks beautiful there!! Ugh, I'd love to road trip for two months and bomb something fresh every day. How long did you HT before switching to a full squish? I've been on mine coming up on a year.

I was on a HT for almost 20 years! Don't be nervous - it's the best and you will be such a better rider too.

joeybutts
  • 😳😳😳😳😳 20yrs?!?! Damn! That's crazy.

Well, I've had a few nibbles, but nothing serious yet, but I don't know what I'll do for 5mths 😬😬😬😬

• I've rode the new sled a few times, and it is PRETTTTTTTTY awesome. 🤗🤗🤗

Turn2squamishdroc6thplanet
  • @joeybutts said:
    I've rode the new sled a few times, and it is PRETTTTTTTTY awesome. 🤗🤗🤗

Sweet!! She is pretty - enjoy!

• Nice rides guys! Been drooling over the transition spur and the Ripley. I see one of those in my future for sure. I bought a Canyon Spectral im happy with but I ride mostly xc trails vs jump park stuff so i want to get more efficient pedaler that can still send the jumps.

• @D1PP1N said:
    Nice rides guys! Been drooling over the transition spur and the Ripley. I see one of those in my future for sure. I bought a Canyon Spectral im happy with but I ride mostly xc trails vs jump park stuff so i want to get more efficient pedaler that can still send the jumps.

A lot of the new "all mountain" bikes are very efficient pedaling bikes. My Sight is 160/150mm travel bike and climbs like a boss and soaks up all the down you can throw at it. But also rips on the xc tracks here as well.

• I'm loving the Ripley! Headed to the mountains Monday and can't wait to put her through her paces on some sick chunky downhill. Should be a smidge better than ripping on the hardtail.

My buddy just built his yeti sb130 today and can't wait to see it Monday.

squamishdroc
  • @joeybutts said:
    I'm loving the Ripley! Headed to the mountains Monday and can't wait to put her through her paces on some sick chunky downhill. Should be a smidge better than ripping on the hardtail.

My buddy just built his yeti sb130 today and can't wait to see it Monday.

Going to look at an Ibis today for the wife - have a good ride!

• How'd the look go?? Which ibis? We had a sick time in western VA/eastern WVA. A bit grown on the trails bit made it interesting, different and fun. Couple small injuries, nothing serious, some sick bombs and climbs.

• @joeybutts said:
    How'd the look go?? Which ibis? We had a sick time in western VA/eastern WVA. A bit grown on the trails bit made it interesting, different and fun. Couple small injuries, nothing serious, some sick bombs and climbs.![]

The shop has a small Mojo - nice bike but not enough travel in the back for some of the stuff we ride so we took a pass.