Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Life marches on...

So a couple life updates!

1. My daughter was approved for her first apartment today. It is a nice campus, adjacent to the mall - as well as a grocery store, a Kohl's, a Target, and a couple restaurants. Great location for her and her boyfriend.
  2. Speaking of boyfriend, they are unofficially engaged. He is a very nice young man, pretty nerdy and dorky. He and I have discovered we both have extensive knowledge of extinct life - dinosaurs in particular.

So - exciting news here. Also another new job for me starting Monday. The last one just didn't pan out, this new one will be a better fit. I will be managing the local branch of a company that sells and services warehouse equipment.

Have a great day!

I have a signature.
rjj45R-CarpentersquamishdrocRon_EjhollanderTurn2S7910ani_101MartyHjoeybuttsand 2 others.

Comments

• Great news JR!

• Apartment/campus as in she is starting college?

Jr, I know this is a kind of out on a limb, but have you ever though about checking into something like an exotic/small batch distiller?

• No, she is taking some time off from college.
    Distiller - as in employment? There are several breweries here now, but the hard stuff is not common yet. There are two I know of. Starting my own is a problem because at my age now by the time anything I distill is ready to drink I'll be too old to enjoy it lol.
    One of the regional distilleries does primarily corn liquor, unaged. They also have a 5x distilled corn vodka that is pretty nice.

I have a signature.
  • But - a kid I mentored at my last job has been experimenting and he and I have talked about starting a small distillery specializing in South Dakota grown grain whiskies. Might be fun for a little extra income.

KEtheredge87
    I have a signature.
  • Distiller, as in distilled spirits. You have what a lot of what green distillers lack; taste buds for the finished product. It's rather easy to get started but you will need to be 'bonded' and that can get expensive. If you were interested in this type of thing, refrain on buying anything until researching the better forums, and of course, much of it can be diy.

• edited June 2021

@jr@mac said:
    But - a kid I mentored at my last job has been experimenting and he and I have talked about starting a small distillery specializing in South Dakota grown grain whiskies. Might be fun for a little extra income.

Big congrats on the new job. Sounds like a good fit for you.

Dude, I can't think of a more enjoyable hobby / second income for you in your own distillery!
    This place started just a few years ago, and people are going crazy for small batch unique liquors.

https://www.aswdistillery.com/

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Not unlike the micro-breweries, exotic/small batch distilled spirits can command premium prices.

• Congrats on the new job - my daughter just got her own apartment last week - she is pretty excited.

jr@mac
  • Congrats JR! It's kind of strange when they are finally out on their own. A little scary mixed with pride, knowing you helped them transition to adulthood.

Cheers to the new employment also!

• Congratulations on your daughter's (unofficial) engagement. My youngest is starting college in the fall, so it will be a year of transition for us as well. No unofficial engagements that I have been informed of yet...

Congrats also on the new job.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions