Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ultimax 8 sealed...

Just shoved the UM8-22 from the Overdrive trial into a half-cube sealed box, and applied a 200W Yung amp.

I'm quite happy with the result, but it does take 75-100% on the gain knob to get appreciable. It'd be great for the unobtrusive sub that gets gnarly during movies.

Pics to come...

Tagged:
rjj45

Comments

• Careful , she might overload and get hot . Did something similar in a Titanic sub build

• what's the modelling?

• and box dimensions? the sub is bigger than the box?

• I'll get to that info...

Yeah- I had another (first) UM8-22 overheat in the first edition of Overdrive, and could not account for 'why'.
    Since I can see it operate in the sealed box instead of the BP4, I should be able to ascertain stressful operation.

As it sits it 'should not' be overdriven with only 200W, and I never had an issue with this particular driver in the Overdrive scenario except that it did not reach very low or get very loud on the same 200W. The UM10 was a major improvement.

• 5/8" material, double thick baffle, so dims inside are 10x10x9.25, for a volume of 0.53ft^3. Once you subtract magnet, you're pretty much at 0.5ft^3.

• Models, without and with amp filter, Xmax with filter.

I'll post pics of finished job later...

rjj45
  • Nothing wrong with that! 40Hz in .5 cubes with 104 dB max spl is pretty great for a music sub.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Room loading will help a bit too...

• Finally remembered to upload this. Ended up using an Axxess line-out converter since the receiver my sis and BIL does not have a sub out. About a 1/4 turn up from min on both dials, and gain set at about 2:00, it does quite well for their usage.

rjj454thtry6thplanetGowa
  • It is a satin white in color, and works well in their room decor. The picture above was not well lit.