Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (7)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Dayton EMM-6 Electret Measurement Mic

For sale is a Dayton EMM-6 measurement microphone in great condition. Includes case, wind muffler and mic clip.

This is a great mic for taking measurements for speaker design, room EQ or any other audio analysis purpose. It is a surprisingly flat response microphone to 20kHz even without any calibration file. However, I wouldn't trust the supplied Dayton calibration at all, it's far too "noisy". I will provide the Dayton calibration file, but will also supply you with 2 alternative calibration options. One was made using a Dayton Omnimic as reference, and the other was made using a Line Audio OM1 as reference. Both are within about 0.5dB with the Omnimic cal providing a slight lift (0.5dB) in the upper mid / lower treble range, so you can decide which is more "correct". Because the mic is so flat as-is, the calibration is only providing about +/- 1dB of compensation, so the differences between them are fairly small overall.

Asking CAD$40. Expect shipping cost around $20 via Canada Post. It probably doesn't make sense to ship a low cost item like this internationally.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
Tagged:
Silver1omo

Comments