Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

It went 1 more loud and now I need a D27TG-05-06.

I picked up an Onkyo surround sound receiver for $50 and it's one with a digital volume control. Whatever the volume was set to is the volume you get when you turn it on. I hooked it up to the last pair of the NLA Peerless woofer line and turned it on. Near threshold of pain SPL and now I have a dead tweeter. Anyone have any or a recommendations for something that would be a good replacement (especially dimensionally)?

Ron

Comments

• It looks like the D27TG-05-06 is the standard 104 mm flange diameter. Two that came to my mind are the DX25TG59-04 ($20) and the DX25BG60-04 ($35).

• Thanks Ed. I found a pair of SB Acoustics SB29RDC-C000-4 tweeters on the shelf that drop right in. If no one comes up with an exact replacement I'll just use them and rework the crossovers.

Ron

• These belong to Nick, he may be talked into parting with them. They are here at my place.

I have a signature.
  • I think that PE still sells these, but I believe that I have a pair or two from one of the tent sales.

• They do sell them with a minimum order of 1000. What would it take for you to part with one or a pair if you don't want to split them up?

Ron

• I missed JR's post so the same question to him.

• ugly_woofer has the tweeters covered.

Ron

• @Ron_E said:
    They do sell them with a minimum order of 1000. What would it take for you to part with one or a pair if you don't want to split them up?

Ron

I wanna know what he's planning for the other 499 pair?

• Line array for the local football stadium? B)