Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Solen

edited April 2022 in DIY

Just an FYI, Solen has a new site, and is also listing a bunch of Kartesian products now.

https://solen.ca/en/brands/kartesian/products

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2022

Dang, that coax is a nifty looking unit!
    Annoying that it pops up to subscribe to their newsletter everytime you click on something👎🏼

• Hmm, I’m subscribed to the newsletter and don’t get the pop up’s. Problem solved I guess..

There’s lots of attractive Kartesian products. They’re expensive but not absurd, nice to see another high end option in the DIY market.

• @6thplanet said:
    Dang, that coax is a nifty looking unit!
    Annoying that it pops up to subscribe to their newsletter everytime you click on something👎🏼

The popup has a "do not show this message again" button.

dcibel6thplanet
  • The first page shows every item "Out of Stock"

• Coming soon..

• Are those drivers really good? I didn't know about them before this thread.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited April 2022

Yes, very good. You can watch a Kartesian engineer explain loudspeaker design to a simpleton for 1.5 hours in this youtube video ;)

rjj45BrannigansLaw
  • @dcibel said:
    Just an FYI, Solen has a new site, and is also listing a bunch of Kartesian products now.

https://solen.ca/en/brands/kartesian/products

They seem to have fixed the slow loading problem the last version had - that's kind of nice.

• edited April 2022

Yeah, it's a slightly more functional site than previous. Still sort of meh, but at least it's very snappy to navigate through.

• edited May 2022

Re: Kartesian - The "ported" tweeters are an interesting concept. The idea here is that the tuned chamber is providing a high impedance in the 1-2kHz range which is improving power handling and reducing tweeter excursion in the low end through the crossover region, ie improved low end performance.

• That would be one tiny port.

• Yep, well they describe it as a helmholtz resonator, so I would expect that the tweeter housing is still isolated from the speaker cabinet as well.

• edited May 2022

A subwoofer for ants ? :p

Would be decent enough for a small 2-way speaker, but like many small systems, will need to throw some power at it.

squamishdrocGowa