Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Digikey - Tymphany dealer...

Thought I would start a thread independent of JP's current build thread to discuss some cool drivers available at Digikey. One of them that caught my eye was this:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0/SBS-200F35CP01-04-ND/6557504?quantity=10&cref=&em1=Minumum Quantity Not Met&uq=636285307729415898

9.1mm Xmax and a $22 price point - but MOQ is 500 pieces and not sure I want to drop 10K to test a driver lol! 

There are 6.5" and 10" versions, too. Matching passives, to boot. These look like great drivers for tinkering with DSP. 

SOooo.... if someone (maybe me) were to, say, reach out to Digikey and talk to them about a smaller MOQ, would anyone be interested in pursuing some of the Tymphany drivers they offer? There are a lot of really cool drivers that Tymphany has been developing and releasing - but are not available through traditional outlets such as Mad/Men/Pe/MCM. Want to talk about a cool Iron Driver option...

Digikey is kind enough to provide a "download table" option when you apply filters, see attachment. It is all (I think) of the drivers from Tymphany that Digikey has listed. 

Let me know! 

I have a signature.
greywarden

Comments

• For example, here is a tweeter I have long wanted to try:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/peerless-by-tymphany/XT19NC30-04/XT19NC30-04-ND/6557540

Never thought of looking for it at Digikey... 

Love this hobby. JP, thanks for making my brain turn on this morning.
    I have a signature.
  • Wow! Lots of interesting drivers there. 

I wonder if its a factoey drop-ship hence the high MOQs. 
  • The down side is some of the minimum quantities and shipping.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Related... I have ordered a crap ton of electronic parts personally and for business in the last 3 decades...  Digikey is the worst supplier of the big ones.  Allied Electronics and Mouser, heck even Newark have much better service and pricing in my experience.
    kennyk4thtry
  • Yeah, some of those MOQ are pretty high - but that is where someone can step in and try to negotiate a much smaller quantity. 

I have had similar experiences with all of the big electronics retailers - Newark seems to be closely related to MCM from what I can tell. I like Allied, and due to my having worked at Daktronics I used to get rock star pricing through them, but alas that relationship has ended. We purchased the majority of our consumables such as wire, zip ties, terminations, etc through them. 

It begs the question, however, why some of these drivers are not available via normal routes. The little Peerless woofers especially seems that they would be a popular option in DIY. 
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:

SOooo.... if someone (maybe me) were to, say, reach out to Digikey and talk to them about a smaller MOQ, would anyone be interested in pursuing some of the Tymphany drivers they offer? There are a lot of really cool drivers that Tymphany has been developing and releasing - but are not available through traditional outlets such as Mad/Men/Pe/MCM. Want to talk about a cool Iron Driver option...

I would be interested at those prices!
  • PE said they are picking up the SLS-85 and the DX20, but they also told me the ND64 would be in before x-mass 2016  :/
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • PE said they are picking up the SLS-85 and the DX20, but they also told me the ND64 would be in before x-mass 2016  :/
    It can be very time consuming to organize shipments from mainland China - when I worked for a cabinet/sign shop we ditched a domestic supplier of DC power supplies in favor of a custom designed jobber from a buildhouse in China. From initial inquiry to delivery of first article was six weeks. A month of in-house testing, and then it was three months before the pallet arrived where it was promptly sequestered in (I believe) Seattle due to a longshoreman strike. 

I imagine Jeffery Sneffery Stahl will haggle to the penny on a shipment of 3.5" woofers and drag the process out.
    I have a signature.