Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

GRS tall planars?

The Indiyana theme has already got my brain churning. I don't know that I have it in me to design another 3-way since I struggle enough as it is on a 2-way. Are the tall GRS planars decent? PT6825, PT6816. Would probably look to cross somewhere around 700-1k. Could be open back or in it's own sub-enclosure. Seems either could to it, but has one been found to be the better option? Would possibly be crossing to a 6.5" that has distortion creeping up too high to cross any higher.

Comments

• Oah well. I've always wanted to make some subwoofer speaker stands so could try that instead. Would give me a chance to use this pair of SA70 amps I've been hanging on to.

• I haven't used or even heard the big GRS planars, but I used a similar chinese BG knockoff (PLA200) as an open baffle mid with a ported Rival woofer below and a little CSS tweeter above for the top two octaves (500 -5000 Hz). I really liked the OB mid sound and received lots of positive feedback from other DIYr's at the event I demo'd them at.