Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

GRS tall planars?

The Indiyana theme has already got my brain churning. I don't know that I have it in me to design another 3-way since I struggle enough as it is on a 2-way. Are the tall GRS planars decent? PT6825, PT6816. Would probably look to cross somewhere around 700-1k. Could be open back or in it's own sub-enclosure. Seems either could to it, but has one been found to be the better option? Would possibly be crossing to a 6.5" that has distortion creeping up too high to cross any higher.

Comments

• Oah well. I've always wanted to make some subwoofer speaker stands so could try that instead. Would give me a chance to use this pair of SA70 amps I've been hanging on to.

• I haven't used or even heard the big GRS planars, but I used a similar chinese BG knockoff (PLA200) as an open baffle mid with a ported Rival woofer below and a little CSS tweeter above for the top two octaves (500 -5000 Hz). I really liked the OB mid sound and received lots of positive feedback from other DIYr's at the event I demo'd them at.