Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

VituixCAD

I just installed this DIY software, and it looks damn impressive. Perhaps it has a steep learning curve though. Also, I can't confirm its accuracy yet without testing. All that said, it looks stunning from the webpage. I discovered it by pure chance when doing a google search recently. Here is the link:

http://kimmosaunisto.net/Software/Software.html

WARNING: This is not my software, so usage is at your own risk!

I'm looking forward to messing with it though.
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
Nicholas_23jr@macR-CarpenterThumperTomkennyk4thtry

Comments

• Nice find. Waiting to see your impressions of the results and if they match PCD / listening impressions....
  • I see the author also has a Linux (via Wine) installation guide. I might take some time this weekend and try that out on my old laptop running Linux Mint. I will also tinker with ARTA in Linux at some point. If I can measure and model in Linux, then I will be very close to making the migration across the board to Linux. 
    I have a signature.
  • Never mind, I see REW offers a Linux installer - hmmm.....
    greywarden
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Never mind, I see REW offers a Linux installer - hmmm.....

And it worked nicely in ubuntu. 
  • I took the program for a spin using my "Dual Exhaust" project data.  The driver page only shows one driver at a time, so after you load your woofer frd/zma data, you have to click over to the crossover tab, change over to the tweeter, and then click back to the driver page to enter the tweeter frd/zma info.  Kind of clunky, but it seems to work

I am using the raw OmniMic phase data (not minimum phase data).  My modelled Z offset in XSim is 1.33 inches (33.782mm), so I entered this as the woofer Z offset and left the X and Y values at zero.  I get a very good match to my XSim on-axis model.   I noticed that you can enter a large number of off-axis curves and offsets and then click back & forth as needed.  So I plan to load my XSim off-axis data and test this next.

Silver1omoNicholas_23