Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

YT-05

YouTube MAC-05
I started back on YouTube again. I forgot how much slower it makes a project go, but I’ll stick with it for awhile. It will be a good way to promote some new stuff. Anyway I will post some project specs and goals in this post before video is released.

Silver1omoSteve_Lee

Comments

• 0.512 cu.ft. Tuned 55Hz, f3-53Hz
    1-port 2”x 5.25”. Still have to router the edges and the port but this is the progress so far like I said, making a video and doing this really slows me down.

ugly_woofersilverDjr@macSteve_LeePWRRYDrjj456thplanetSilver1omo4thtryRon_Eand 1 other.
  • Using raised panel bits for those cabinet edges?

• Those are old kitchen cabinet doors I’m repurposing.

Steve_Lee
  • edited January 1

Well the router bits weren’t long enough to get the look I wanted so I ran them through the table saw at 22.5degs, only one small chip out. Now I’m Sealing the cherry with some seal coat to protect it from primer.

• I see 6 holes there. 2way or 3way, I'm confused....

• Nice minimal glue line.

jr@macSteve_Lee
  • edited January 1

@Wolf said:
    I see 6 holes there. 2way or 3way, I'm confused....

His single and dual pair post plates seem to have the same spacing as the 3 pair post plates.

https://diy.midwestaudio.club/uploads/editor/3v/avmg0ad1rs39.jpeg

• @DrewsBrews said:

@Wolf said:
    I see 6 holes there. 2way or 3way, I'm confused....

His single and dual pair post plates seem to have the same spacing as the 3 pair post plates.

https://diy.midwestaudio.club/uploads/editor/3v/avmg0ad1rs39.jpeg

Yep. Any 4.1” terminal plate and 3” cutout.

• I think Wolf was referring to the possible XO type - is this a 2 way or a 3 way cabinet/project?

• edited January 1

It’s a 2 way. Thats a universal six gang prototyping terminal plate.

Steve_Lee
  • edited January 1

I was just pointing out it doesn't necessarily mean 6 posts will be used since it looks to be the same spacing as the single or dual pair. Cut once and have all the options.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    I was just pointing out it doesn't necessarily mean 6 posts will be used since it looks to be the same spacing as the single or dual pair. Cut once and have all the options.

You are correct. The 6 gang is ONLY for prototyping on this build, 2 wires won’t be used. The final will have a 2 gang.

• This is the main reason I opted for 4-post plates on my VersaBox cabs. Jumper makes it one set of inputs, and/or separate pairs. Either external or internal xovers work with this setup.

tajaneshifiside
  • Please expain the

"Now I’m Sealing the cherry with some seal coat to protect it from primer."

Are you planning to use masking tape or how exactly will the pain be kept off the hardwood?

• @hifiside said:
    Nice minimal glue line.

What kind of glue did you use?

• @ani_101 said:
    Please expain the

"Now I’m Sealing the cherry with some seal coat to protect it from primer."

Are you planning to use masking tape or how exactly will the pain be kept off the hardwood?

The seal coat is so when I spray primer and if I get any on the hardwood, it won’t soak into the grain and leave white grayish spots in my hardwood. And yes, I will use masking tape.

• @Bogda89 said:

@hifiside said:
    Nice minimal glue line.

What kind of glue did you use?

• Primer day.!

jr@macrjj45kenrhodesSilver1omoani_1016thplanet
  • when will you post on you tube?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Good question. It’s going way slower than I thought it would. And I still have to edit the video😉

• The previous video where you made the small 2 way is very informative. In this video you are doing somethings differently so that's helpful too.

• Heard there were a number of people who edit videos for reasonable prices. I thought it might be easiest to keep filming and let someone edit it together.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • What is your channel's URL?

• Jhollander comment took me down a rabbit hole for a few days but I’m back at it now. Simple little project is looking pretty good.

johnny5jztajanesBogda89Gowa4thtry
  • Your masking work is phenomenal.

4thtryDirk
  • Is that those boards from Menards?