Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Core 2-Ways... Thanks Paul!!!

I just completed a Core 2-Way build. I'm not at all happy with the finish, so I'm going to redo it. I used brown Acry-Tech. Not bad, but not what I want. I'll probably give it a coat of black paint. The veneer is another issue. I used the kind that's got adhesive already on it. When I trim-routed the edges, I can see bits of the adhesive kind of "balled-up." Not sure what to do with that. I think I'm going to stick with raw veneer from now on and use the wood-glue iron on method. Anyway, I am very happy with the sound. These guys really rock. About 8 feet from the wall and the bass is great. Listened to some Bela Fleck when some very low strings started playing. Very impressive. I'm curious how they'll sound once I get them in the house and closer to a wall. Shout out to Paul Carmody; Thanks for sharing your designs!!!

JasonPgreywarden

Comments

• I've been listening to these for a few days. I think these might be my favorites so far. I know I like the RS-28A, and I believe I'm now a fan of the RS-180. I'm going to have to A/B these with my Sunflowers. Great speakers!
    greywarden
  • Thanks, Mike.  I'm very glad you like them.  I hope they give you years of enjoyment.
    MikeJennens