Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Core 2-Ways... Thanks Paul!!!

I just completed a Core 2-Way build. I'm not at all happy with the finish, so I'm going to redo it. I used brown Acry-Tech. Not bad, but not what I want. I'll probably give it a coat of black paint. The veneer is another issue. I used the kind that's got adhesive already on it. When I trim-routed the edges, I can see bits of the adhesive kind of "balled-up." Not sure what to do with that. I think I'm going to stick with raw veneer from now on and use the wood-glue iron on method. Anyway, I am very happy with the sound. These guys really rock. About 8 feet from the wall and the bass is great. Listened to some Bela Fleck when some very low strings started playing. Very impressive. I'm curious how they'll sound once I get them in the house and closer to a wall. Shout out to Paul Carmody; Thanks for sharing your designs!!!

JasonPgreywarden

Comments

• I've been listening to these for a few days. I think these might be my favorites so far. I know I like the RS-28A, and I believe I'm now a fan of the RS-180. I'm going to have to A/B these with my Sunflowers. Great speakers!
    greywarden
  • Thanks, Mike.  I'm very glad you like them.  I hope they give you years of enjoyment.
    MikeJennens