Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

What do you think of this . . .

2»

Comments

• I used the Curved version too - LD22C

are you planning on having the woofer just below the tweeter in the same sphere or a separate sphere... wondering what will happen to c-t-c?

the off axis looks really good... not much falloff even at 45 to 10k
  • Ani,

I plan to use two small Tectonic Elements 3" midrange drivers above and below the tweeter in MTM configuration.  I plan to grind the plastic flanges on the tweeter and mids with a belt sander to match the 9.5" radius curve of the sphere.  So the tweeters and mids will form an almost continuously curved surface with only two very small flat spots created by the flat surface of the mids.   Crossover from tweeter to mids will probably be in the 2.5 to 3.5kHz region.  Then I plan to mount two 6 inch flat membrane woofers on the top and bottom of the sphere.  This would then form a WMTMW arrangement.  With the woofers at the top and bottom, the vertical spherical shape of the cabinet will extend quite a bit beyond the MTM, resulting in a smoother vertical polar pattern.   The BR port will be located on the back of the sphere, with a pipe coming out the back and then bending down to form a pedestal. The lower crossover between the mids and woofers will probably be in the area of 300 to 400Hz.

Bill 

rjj45