Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Hartke Hydrive 10

2»

Comments

• Fresh from Cerakote. That process leaves a very smooth finish, but looks like it'd be rough. I think it's the amount of sparkle to the flake that kinda throws me off. I love the color and now want everything coated.😈

• I reassembled the tuners and bridge. The hardware for the bridge wasn't salvageable. The corrosion on them didn't come off without the black coating leaving with it. The original isn't available anymore, so I took a gamble and ordered a cheapo replacement that looked like it had similar screws. I won that bet and they worked out perfectly!😎

tajanesSilver1omoNicholas_23
  • I took the body over to Adam's house and he worked it over to remove the fine scratches. I didn't want to get to aggressive in removing every last scratch, just enough to polish off some years of neglect. Gotta keep the battle scars, ya know👍🏻! He did a fantastic job. I cleaned the neck up and reassembled the bass. Just have to finish up the wiring when the output jack gets here. I have new pots for it, too. Side note: it originally had passive pick-ups. Back in the day, a friend bought some active EMG's that he didn't end up using. I bought them for this bass.

Turn2Silver1omokenrhodesani_101jhollanderR-CarpenterPWRRYDNicholas_23kennyk
  • Proud papa this weekend, my new bass arrived. It's a Steve Harris signature model Fender Precision. For those that don't know him, he's the bassist and founding member of Iron Maiden. He is why I switched to bass a few years after starting on guitar o so long ago. Totally digging this bass!!

PWRRYDjhollanderkenrhodesSilver1omoJasonPS7910
  • Steve Harris is awesome and so is your new bass.

6thplanet
  • Building the PA units for the band got my juices flowing , so here we go again...

jr@mac
  • Finally found it.🤘🏼 The proper neck for my Harris bass. Had to buy another bass to get it, but well worth the money. Also swapped the bridge to the actual piece Steve uses.

jr@macSilver1omo

• Took some time to get number two going.

Got it together yesterday and sounds great, can't wait to get it out to practice with some real volume🤘🏼 ....now more prep on the grill for this one 🤦🏻‍♂️

jhollanderNicholas_23Silver1omo
  • Do you need that much stage volume or is this for your practice space where you won't be mic'd and playing through the FOH mains? As a veteran sound guy I would prefer you plug into a direct box and let me use the board to make you sound big and badass... just saying :)

• It's stage volume. Playing original metal music you rarely ever have a full PA, usually it's a hole in the wall bar with hopefully something simple for vocals (think 15/horn). I could probably get by with one, but both cabs couple with the air better, gets one up to ear level, and of course is visually appealing😉

• Ah ok, I get that! Cool, rock out man!

6thplanet

• Together at last. Man what difference, besides the fact of being able to hear better and a more visceral bass feel, I actually could turn down the volume. Went from 3 to 2 on the control.

kennykSilver1omo