Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

SB Acoustics SB19ST-C000-4 3/4" dome tweeter

Does anyone know if this tweeter uses a plastic flange?  Or does it use an aluminum metal type flange?   And is the flange removable?  I am looking to pick up a pair of these tweeters for custom "waveguide" type experiments.  I want to remove the flange and grind it so that the tweeter can fit flush onto a unique baffle shape.  Thanks.

Comments

• I'll look at mine now and post what I find.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • It is plastic, and it is removable. The assembly with the diaphragm is set into place nicely by three pegs. You'll have to account for the bolts to re-tighten it back into place though, but that should be solvable:

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Thanks, Jason!  This is exactly what I was hoping for.  I'll be ordering up a bunch of these.  This is a nice, little tweeter for only 20 bucks.
  • Might also consider the ND25FN and the Peerless OT19NC00 and XT25SC40.  The Peerless tiny phase plug can help the on axis response.
    JasonP
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Thanks for the info, John.  Since the cost is quite low, I will pick up a few of these tweeters as well to conduct experiments and measurements on my custom "waveguide."