Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

SB Acoustics SB19ST-C000-4 3/4" dome tweeter

Does anyone know if this tweeter uses a plastic flange?  Or does it use an aluminum metal type flange?   And is the flange removable?  I am looking to pick up a pair of these tweeters for custom "waveguide" type experiments.  I want to remove the flange and grind it so that the tweeter can fit flush onto a unique baffle shape.  Thanks.

Comments

• I'll look at mine now and post what I find.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • It is plastic, and it is removable. The assembly with the diaphragm is set into place nicely by three pegs. You'll have to account for the bolts to re-tighten it back into place though, but that should be solvable:

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Thanks, Jason!  This is exactly what I was hoping for.  I'll be ordering up a bunch of these.  This is a nice, little tweeter for only 20 bucks.
  • Might also consider the ND25FN and the Peerless OT19NC00 and XT25SC40.  The Peerless tiny phase plug can help the on axis response.
    JasonP
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Thanks for the info, John.  Since the cost is quite low, I will pick up a few of these tweeters as well to conduct experiments and measurements on my custom "waveguide."