Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Just a tease

It'll be a few weeks unfortunately before I can get back to this, as I'll be in Chicago next week for work.

My opinions are 100% factual

Comments

• edited July 30
    ok, I'll bite
    2 way, 5.25 in woofer, rear slot ported
  • edited July 30
    Yup, waveguide tweeter, and really It's a 6" woofer. It's happening, the rest of the details this far in the Di-Noc thread.

First time I've constructed a cabinet with mitre joints, a few more cuts the way I did it but assembly was super easy, just tape, glue and fold, then make sure it's square before you leave it to dry. Front baffle won't be glued if I can help it, trying just a foam gasket and hanger bolts. Slot ported out the back, running up the back side of the baffle. Really the cabinet is upside down in my photo, oops ;)
    rjj45
  • I've done similar. Works out nice. What will you use for gasket material?
  • I generally use craft foam, peel and stick stuff in fun colours. You can find it next to the glitter at the craft stores :) It doesn't come in big sheets but I haven't had issues butting a few peices together.
    rjj45
  • edited August 19
    Sigh, got out the tools yesterday to cut some boards and the power goes out for a few hours. Perfect. Didn't get to cutting up the baffles for these speakers, but did build a pretty snazzy monitor shelf for my office out of an acacai board. Acacai stair treads from Rona make real good small project boards. I've made several shelves using these, they're just great as long as you can find one that is straight without significant damage or splits.

Good news is that I did find a great deal on a pair of Vifa XT25TG30-04, so when this project is said and done I'll make some comparison of my fancy Motus unobtanium tweeters against an old classic in the same Visaton WG148 waveguide.

• pretty wood!
    dcibel