Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Making offer on house tomorrow.

2»

Comments

• dcibel said:
    There's a whole house attached to that shop! ;)
    Sweet.

Good to hear it JR.
    jr@mac
  • Congrats JR!
    jr@mac
  • Congrats! That is very nice!
    jr@mac
  • Curious to how realtors work than it comes to house buying. Then I was looking to move in NY and looking for rentals, my experience with real estate agents was anything but enjoyable. First of all, there are online systems that show basically what's on the market and all real estate agents use the same system that you have access to. They charge exuberant amount of money for basically opening the door and showing you the apartment for 10 min. Hardly listen to you.  I stated the budget and the usual answer was: I don't have anything at this price but here's something that's twice as much and really nice. These guys made me crawl up the wall!
  • I have only positive things to say about the experience. He worked some pretty crazy hours, pointed out a lot of stuff in each house, and respected our needs. 
    R-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • Congrats Jr, glad you found one that fits the bill.
    jr@mac
  • Excellent news JR! Looks great!
    jr@mac
  • dcibel said:
    There's a whole house attached to that shop! ;)
    The third stall will eventually be built back another ~22', as well.
    I have a signature.
  • edited January 2020
    the third stall >more than enough room for a keg, or two and party !
  • I have a lot of tools and that old pickup, so not too much room for partying.

The basement, however...
    hifisideS7910
    I have a signature.
  • Congrats, JR!
  • Congrats... Is there empty space behind the 3rd garage stall?
  • jr@mac said:
    I have a lot of tools and that old pickup, so not too much room for partying.

The basement, however...
    I'm sure something can be figured out.  
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • ani_101 said:
    Congrats... Is there empty space behind the 3rd garage stall?
    Yeah.
    I have a signature.
  • edited January 2020
    Curious to how realtors work than it comes to house buying. Then I was looking to move in NY and looking for rentals, my experience with real estate agents was anything but enjoyable. First of all, there are online systems that show basically what's on the market and all real estate agents use the same system that you have access to. They charge exuberant amount of money for basically opening the door and showing you the apartment for 10 min. Hardly listen to you.  I stated the budget and the usual answer was: I don't have anything at this price but here's something that's twice as much and really nice. These guys made me crawl up the wall!

This is how I see the realtor business.  Like all big business they like to have laws, rules and regs to keep it complicated to intimidated the common man from doing it on their own.  In the case of big business they are the people that want the complex laws and regulations because they can afford the lawyers to navigate the complexities to keep them out of hot water, the little guy can't.  When I sold my property the seller and I did what we could on our own and went to a lawyer for the rest.  The seller and I were friends so I had the lawyer represent me but told him the situation between the seller and I.  Otherwise the buyer would want a layer too.  So ya, I view most realtors as a bottom feeder that tacks on ~5% to be a middle man.  I group them in with financial advisors that are not a fiduciary, car dealerships, lawyers, and insurance companies. 
    That being said it is hard to find a property that is for sale by owner when a person is looking for a place they want to live it; leaving most people having to deal with a realtor.  (Ever see the Family Guy where Brian the dog became a realtor?)   A person could wait to see if the property does not sell then approach the owners after it is off the market.  Most of the time we are stuck having to deal with people like that in these situations.
    I have good friends that are realtors or are becoming a realtor.  Some that have done very well.  Good for them. I just see the business for what it is.  Most are kind of false big shots.  

• edited January 2020
    Realtors work for commission, that should tell you all you need to know about where their best interests are. Some are good hard working people, but many are no different than your average car salesman.

When I purchased our second property, we used the seller's Realtor, they can drop the costs a bit when the same realtor is representing the seller and buyer. Just call up the listing agents directly and ask them to show you the property themselves.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.