Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Aliquis new 2-way

2»

Comments

• @Ed_Perkins said:
    (Quote)
    I don't know how Nick did it, but Brad (Hifiside) has a great set of three videos how to do the prep, painting, clear coat and wet sanding.  I learned more from those three videos than anywhere else.  Here's a LINK to Brad's videos.

Thanks for that link. Very helpful and @hifiside thanks for the vids.

jholtzhifiside
  • I did a little work on these this week, I think I have them very close, but maybe a little tweaking left.

4thtry
  • Nice FR and killer reverse null. Good work

4thtry
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Excellent. I like the low 1.3kHz xover.

• Thanks, I hope to lose the zobel, it's acting as a contour right now, but a larger inductor, and cap adjustment may render it unnecessary.
    I'm sure everyone goes about xover design differently, but my usual m.o. is start out simple, get more complicated until I achieve the response/sound I'm looking for, and then start chipping away to simplify it, by either different values or different topologies.

rjj45
  • The D6.8 sounds pretty good up higher into the midrange. You might try a crossover point closer to 2kHz just to see which you prefer. I sometimes find a higher mid/tweeter crossover sounds a little more dynamic with instruments like piano.

JasonPrjj45
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • I'll give it shot, my final decision always comes down to the sound after hours of listening, and I also find that I prefer higher crossover points at times.