Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

miter saw rec's

2»

Comments

• I think accuracy is about managing the cut list. Set the critical dimension on the table or miter saw then cut all the parts without moving the fence or stop blocks. I routinely cut oversize panels then trim them flush with the router.
    Figuring out your assembly process is helpful.

For this project the base piece (side) is oversized and the height pieces were all ripped on the the table saw at the same time including stock for the braces. I'm holding the edge of the parts flush with the front side, then the back sides parallel with the base edges.

jr@macani_101
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • John, i too do the same, cut one panel first and the rest are 1/8 - 1/4 oversize and then flush trim, but then the setup and flush trim takes a very long time, though the size is almost perfect.

maybe using the stop would yield such results or the fence on the table saw, but i find these a bit fiddly to work with. Flush trim seems to be the best method to get everything to line up. Even cnc cuts have very small 1/64 or less variance, which is easy to sand out if mdf, but hardwood or Birch ply not so great, so back to oversizing and flush trim.