Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tech talk down

Looks like Tech talk is down again. Wonder if it got hacked

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails

Comments

• hahahaha
    They have shown time and time again that they will not accept any feedback about their web site.
    Sad - defensive, combative, angry.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @rjj45 said:
    hahahaha
    They have shown time and time again that they will not accept any feedback about their web site.
    Sad - defensive, combative, angry.

To me, it looked like participation on the board had slowed considerably. Wonder if their sales went the same way? IMO, change, solely for the sake of change, is not the best path to remain successful.

rjj45
  • It appears to be up now, but yeah... They really push back against any type of negative feedback no matter how universal that feedback is. That is something that professionals simply do not do.

rjj45PWRRYD
    I have a signature.
  • Too bad with a little bit of effort they could use PETT to bolster an image, look for new product ideas, or start some collaborative projects. At the very least willing product testers.

rjj45PWRRYD
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • LOL, zero posts on PETT since last night...

• Visited there for the first time in months.

• Still operable. There were some likes made over Christmas.

PWRRYD
  • edited December 2022

I'm not sure what's going on with it, but there are noticeably fewer posts.

Some months ago, PE called for content contributions and I submitted what I thought was a helpful article for newbies about selecting and building speaker kits - focusing on PE's products of course.

Heard nothing back at all, not even an acknowledgement. I'm in Oz, of course but that shouldn't make any difference.

Geoff

rjj45Steve_Lee
  • Haven’t logged into that forum in years. There probably revamping it so they can charge you or put more rules on it.

• It's the holidays so I wouldn't make too much of the light traffic.

Ron

Steve_Lee
  • @GeoffMillar said:
    I'm not sure what's going on with it, but there are noticeably fewer posts.

Some months ago, PE called for content contributions and I submitted what I thought was a helpful article for newbies about selecting and building speaker kits - focusing on PE's products of course.

Heard nothing back at all, not even an acknowledgement. I'm in Oz, of course but that shouldn't make any difference.

Geoff

Back in July, I submitted a complete writeup, together with several graphs and construction photos, for my Diffractorama speakers (aka Dr. Diffraction). I was hoping my writeup would show up in the gallery at some point. I recently followed up via email but no response. So I guess I am in the same boat.

• I selected to have my Mindblowing Minisculities and Goosebump "Oddball" 2.1 setup posted in the Project Gallery after the SDC 2022 event. I have not seen anything nor heard about it getting posted.

• @Wolf said:
    Still operable. There were some likes made over Christmas.

I made my first trip over there in a couple of years, and also made some likes.

• I responded to a thread and had some notifications about responses to it. The links to the post from the notifications seem to be dead... And when I look back at the thread it was reset back to the OP. Not sure if I was hit by the misinformation police or if the forum was restored from a previous backup.

• That flashing Audiostrobe ad on the sidebar is enough to keep me away :#

jr@macPWRRYDSteve_Leerjj45Ed_Perkins
  • @Billet said:
    That flashing Audiostrobe ad on the sidebar is enough to keep me away :#

Totally. That thing freaks me out.

• Set up launching short cuts to by-pass the home page. That is what I do. Audiostrobe is gone. B)

• On a side note: has anyone bought that Audiostrobe? Is it worth using for anything we do?

• Hey Craig -You can use it in the bedroom too! :)

PWRRYDWolf
  • edited January 2023

@4thtry said:
    Set up launching short cuts to by-pass the home page. That is what I do. Audiostrobe is gone. B)

uBlock Origin works well too, apparently, cuz I can't even find this Audiostrobe thingy.

• @Ed_Perkins said:
    Hey Craig -You can use it in the bedroom too! :)

"Sloooooo Moooooo, Baby"- Barry White.

Steve_LeeEd_Perkins