Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Fourth Summer Project

Comments

• That's just wet primer. Once it is sanded smooth again, color coated, cleared, and buffed it should be epic.

PWRRYDkenrhodesrjj45Turn2Gowa6thplanetJasonPkennyk
    I have a signature.
  • I am going to try a new clear coat. I have read lots of reviews and watched quite a few videos on it.

I have a signature.
  • https://www.spraymax.com/en/products/product/clear-coats-and-spot-blender/2k-clear-coat/

Apparently, it contains an activator, and is technically a 2-part epoxy. Lot of YouTubers report stunning success with a wet sand/buff finish.

I have a signature.
  • IIRC Brad used that in his youtube videos. Just watch out for the fumes.

• I'll filter those fumes through a Marlboro Red.

Actually, I have a respirator and a fan.

I have a signature.
  • So I decided the carbon fiber cones deserve to be shown off - and have determined the way to do that is to paint these red. This weekend, most likely.

I have a signature.
  • Ferrari red?

• As close as I can get with enamel, definitely.

Turn26thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • Unfortunately that's a lacquer.

• JR and myself have a mutual friend working on some two ways. All I know is the red he used was used to paint an old Honda three wheeler, so maybe Honda red?

rjj45Gowa6thplanetRon_ENeisTurn2Silver1omoJasonPMartyHkennyk
  • No kidding, you should see the work he does on vintage Mopar iron.

I have a signature.
  • @6thplanet said:
    Unfortunately that's a lacquer.

I know that. I was asking about the shade of red in the link and if it was similar to what was being used on the speaker.

6thplanet
  • @Nicholas_23 said:
    JR and myself have a mutual friend working on some two ways. All I know is the red he used was used to paint an old Honda three wheeler, so maybe Honda red?

Paint color was confirmed to be 2000 Dodge Viper red.

6thplanetS7910
  • Blocked and ready for paint. Weather is too shitty right now, though. Very hot and humid for the time being.

I have a signature.
  • I know they are no longer available, but the PE gloss black cabinets were very aggressively sanded prior to applying the finish at the factory. All corners are slightly rounded, you can see this in the patterns exposed during my block sanding. This will lead to a less than perfect finish, but will still be very shiny.

I have a signature.
  • I bought a pair of PE's 0.38 CF cherry enclosures for $50 each when they were blowing them out. Super nice lookin.
    They've been sitting on my shelf for years... don't know what to build in that small size. Maybe something with the SB12CAC drivers??? Would be nice to just machine the baffles and be ready for measurements.

• That speaymax 2k is wonderful. I've used it a couple times on speakers with excellent results.

Example:

jr@mackennyk
  • Screwed up one panel, that will need to be sanded and repainted. Rest of it looks pretty good for rattle can. The wet sand and polish stage should really make them pop.

JasonP6thplanetRon_Ejoeybuttsrjj45tajanesTurn2S7910kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • ...yes I did do the bottoms.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    ...yes I did do the bottoms.

:o

• Natural light

That Spraymax is legit.

Silver1omougly_wooferGowa
    I have a signature.
  • Those look legit🤘🏼

• WOW!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Red boogers for a few days... =)

Wolf
  • I have a pretty red filter on my mask, that's for sure.

I have a signature.
  • You're smarter than me. I'd be blowin red.... :o

Wolf6thplanetrjj45
  • BTW, they are lookin great!

Wolf
  • In the future I'll expect all your speakers to look this good.

Ron