Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

2021 Meniscus / CSS DIY get-together

Comments

• @DanP said:

@jr@mac said:
    Orbitz is no longer being a butthole, booked my flight this morning. Will arrive at GRR around 2PM.

It's a party now. GRR is only a 5 min detour for anybody coming in from the east and only 20 min away from Meniscus anyway. I don't have my other plans in place well enough to commit at this point, but I can probably pick you up.

Awesome!

DanP
    I have a signature.
  • I'm a solid maybe at this point. My dad's B-day is that weekend, so I'll have to wait for those plans to finalize before I commit to coming.

DanP4thtry
  • I am planning to attend...

DanPKEtheredge87JasonP4thtry
  • I think I can secure the PTO, if so, I'm there! It's been too long...

DanP
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Do you accept digital music???

• .....sorry Ani, it's cassettes only this year.😛

• Damn! What about 8 tracks?

• vinyl, vinyl; it's got to be vinyl! :)

• Sorry, but I'll be bringing a demo on these:

Please plan accordingly.

6thplanetDanP4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • 8 tracks!!!! What's it the 70's?

• So where is everyone staying? I booked at the Radisson linked as "close to Meniscus".

I have no idea how far it is to the event center from there, so I would likely be relying on my DIY brethren for transport over the weekend. Distance walking is not my forte these days with the knee. I can also take a Lyft/Uber etc.

I'm still figuring out what pair I send for this, I may just whip up a boombox of sorts as well. Not sure.

I have a signature.
  • @6thplanet said:
    8 tracks!!!! What's it the 70's?

I think that what Nick means is that he will be setting up his Studer A820, 8 track, 1 inch wide, 30ips, reel-to-reel mastering deck and then mixing it all down to 2 channel stereo for us at the conference center! :p

• I'm an indefinite, solid maybe for Saturday at this point.
    The plan will be to demo one bookshelf pair, new for 2021:

--- RST28F-4/isobarik SD215A-88 tuned to 31Hz
    --- 900Hz xovers (8th order)
    --- Hot swappable bass reflex ports with custom tuned internal traps
    --- Custom heavy duty DIY 45 degree angle input jacks
    --- Multi-layer Crystallac/gloss lacquer finish
    --- Red horizontal racing stripes
    --- 37 lbs each

JasonP
  • @4thtry said:

@6thplanet said:
    8 tracks!!!! What's it the 70's?

I think that what Nick means is that he will be setting up his Studer A820, 8 track, 1 inch wide, 30ips, reel-to-reel mastering deck and then mixing it all down to 2 channel stereo for us at the conference center! :p

What Bill said!

6thplanet
  • If I'm allowed to cross the boarder - I'll do my best to be there.

jr@macDanP
  • PTO approved and room booked!

DanP
  • I'm not entirely certain that I will make it this time, as I'm in the middle of getting divorced. I only mention the divorce because some of you have met or at least seen Ashlea with me. I'm definitely going to try and make it, if for no other reason I could use a distraction and some time with my fellow speaker geeks.

• So sorry to hear this Nick. I wish you both the best through this difficult situation. I really hope you can make the Grand Rapids GTG. I think we ALL need it. Take care Brother!

• Nick, sorry to hear that. Hope things work out for the best.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Sorry Nick , been here there done that with in the past few years. I have an ear to bend if you need it.

• Thanks guy's, I'm sincerely going to try and make it.

• Bummer dude, hope it all goes smooth.
    I'm still trying to make it to the meet, kinda depends on my car situation right now.

• Guys, the meet is coming up soon but things have flared up a lot again with COVID. We are still planning on having the meet but want to urge you to wear a mask/and or get vaccinated before attending. There is currently no mask mandate here in Michigan although that could change with the cases still rising here.

Please understand that this has nothing to do with politics. This is just to be as cautious as possible. I know several hours of wearing a mask isn't the most comfortable thing but please remember that most of our crowd is not the youngest and we also will probably have people coming from other states that might have a higher rate of transmission than here. On top of that, we are expecting a decent sized turnout but are going to be in a smaller room this year than last year. We just want to minimize the risk of anything happening at the event causing someone to get seriously ill because it would be really difficult to deal with personally.

• I have no problem with that, Kerry, and was planning on it!

• Same here.

• And to add... can't wait to see everyone in a couple weeks. This Spring's InDIYana was so awesome and the Grand Rapids GTG is always a blast!

• Is there a way to register without using the Google doc? It's looking like I'll be able to make it and I have a set of small 2-ways I'd like to bring.

• Unless something comes up, I plan to be there with 1 pair. Haven't registered yet because I have, over the years, always avoided setting up a google account, for other reasons. Wish there was someway to register without having to set up a google account.

• I don't recall anything needing a Google account. I think I'm registered for two pair...

• I should have the real cast tomorrow. I'll collect signatures. Hope I don't have another for Iowa!

Fell down garage steps and broke my fall by breaking my hand.

I have a signature.