Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Napoleons and the Cavalry

2»

Comments

• Ahh that makes more sense.
    Did you keep the same crossover point or did you lower the crossover point to work better with the boost? I have seen where boost at the crossover can be problematic.

• Very similar crossover point, but different slopes.

kenrhodes
  • I made some grills to cover the woofers, even though there's nothing wrong with an ugly woofer.

jr@mackenrhodesPWRRYD4thtrytajanesSteve_Leerjj456thplanetDrummerhifiside
  • edited July 2023

Here's my final measurements, the response is not accurate from about 300hz down, the f3 is actually in the low 30's
    0-80 degrees horizontal

Vertical above

Vertical below

tajanesSteve_LeekenrhodesDrummer6thplanet4thtryrjj45
  • Hot damn!!!

Steve_Leeugly_woofer
  • Your technical skill and craftsmanship is amazing. PE should give you an award for making their drivers perform so well!

Drummerugly_woofer
  • Thanks Tom. These are my SDC entry into the Dayton class. In the past there have been a limited number of cheaper entries into this class, because guy's have entered the under $xxx class, the thought being that in the Dayton class you will have to go up against expensive drivers and in the under $ class that won't be the case. The last time I checked, these have about $186 in drivers, so I'm bringing a knife to a gun fight, but it's about fun for me.

Steve_Lee6thplanet
  • Drivers alone only get you so far. You've done a great job with these both visually and acoustically.

ugly_woofer
  • I forgot to mention that the response isn't accurate from about 300hz down. I got lazy and didn't splice the close woofer measurements to all the lines. The f3 is in the low 30's, I'll post the bass response when I get a chance.

• Totally bitchin Nick!

ugly_woofer
  • Another very good design, Nick! Those verticals look really smooth for a speaker with a very high xover point (3.5kHz-4kHz or so). I'm guessing, but looks like about 2" ctr-to-ctr spacing distance from tweeter to mid?

• Bill, the c-t-c is about 2-1/8" and the crossover point is approximately 3150hz. I can get away with that low of a crossover only because the wg provides low end boost.

• This is the blank cover that I made out of 1/8 aluminum to replace the passive radiator that was no longer needed.

jr@macPWRRYDDrummerSteve_LeeSilver1omotajanes4thtry