Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Not Qualified

These won't qualify for Indy as the tweeter is to big. Wavecor TW030WA05 with Compound RS225P, LR2s at 2K. 40 liters, tuned at 32, F3 around 30 Hz. Heading to finishing next.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
Tagged:
jr@machifisideNicholas_23ugly_wooferSilver1omorjj45Steve_LeeWolfTurn2R-Carpenterand 2 others.

Comments

• 40 L? Are they like 18" deep?

• Is that the 4 ohm version of the RS225P?

• I have a set of those tweeters and a set of TB 532shs I wanted to use but yeah fp too big lol. Can't wait to hear them John

• Almost 18 inch deep; 19" tall x 17" deep x 12.25 wide. These are the 8 ohm RS225Ps wired in parallel (compound/ isobaric mounted).

• Bad veneer, bad paint, but I'm out of time so assembly begins. This is how I do crossover orientation ;)

Wolf4thtrySteve_Leetajaneshifisiderjj456thplanetTurn2squamishdroc
  • edited April 2023

I like your removable back and port mounting flange. Looks like this will be very easy to disassemble and tune!

• Seems like a bunch of us bought those 30 mm Wavecor tweeters when they were selling for about $30 or so. You'll hear my pair in Indy, in some waveguides.

• Tuning is done unless I had a leak during the mockup. The port ended up being removable for ease of painting.

• Hmm, not sure if I'm done tweaking. One thing for sure is my listing room sucks (unfinished basement) and I need a better painting set up. I did add my traditional insulation pillow to the box before closing.

Demo'ing at Indy gives me feedback for my design and what I'm hearing in my room. Not excited about moving these. Probably 35 lbs each.

4thtryPWRRYDRon_Eugly_woofertajanes6thplanetsquamishdrochifisideSteve_LeeNicholas_23
  • Holy cow is that the back side of ceramic tile I see??

• That looks really interesting, with those 8 smaller (2.5" diameter?) holes leading to a small subchamber. Is this some kind of a trap system?

• I use 4" tiles a lot in builds, so you are likely correct.

• I was experimenting with different construction ideas for adding rigidity to the box. Adding a separate structure and adding ceramic tile. The separate structure has my interest over the ceramic tile because it keeps the interior free for a big port and moving the 8 inch woofer in and out. Heavy speakers are becoming more annoying.

DrewsBrewsBilletSteve_Leerjj45
  • I wish that I was bringing 35lb speakers. =)

PWRRYD6thplanetjhollanderhifisideSteve_LeeWolf
  • Actually weighed them after moving them upstairs, 48 lbs each.

hifisideSteve_LeeWolf
  • edited April 2023

That's over Wolf's 40 lb limit, so you will have to set them up yourself. ;)

Steve_LeeWolf
  • That's OK, sounds like Nick could warm up with these.

hifisideWolf4thtry
  • I thought mine were heavy... just weighed them, only 36 pounds each.

• I thought speakers could be over 40 lbs. but you had to move them yourself.