Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

LOTS OF DRIVERS FOR SALE

edited March 2023 in Classifieds

I am selling my stock of over 120 drivers, most in like new condition or excellent used condition. I have created a spreadsheet containing a full list and pricing that you can find online here:
http://audio.claub.net/temp/Charlies Stuff for Sale.pdf

I am making these drivers available to attendees of the upcoming InDIYana DIY event in Fort Wayne or local pickup near Lansing Michigan. Once the event has passed I will be open to shipping within the US.

I will update the spreadsheet periodically but the link will remain the same each time. Please use the email address listed at the top of the spreadsheet to contact me. I will prioritize sales by whomever contacts me first and commits to buy an item based on emails I receive at the address given.

-Charlie

Comments

• I'm definitely interested in some of these! Please post updates here after InDIY before listing on PETT

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Email sent. You know I just luv ribbons.

• Lots of cool drivers but that’s a hellva drive for me.

• I just wanted to clarify about shipping - YOU ARE WELCOME TO CONTACT ME NOW if you want to buy something and are not able to be at InDIYana or come pick up in person. This will get you dibs on the drivers you want once I open it up to shipping the drivers, if they are still available. Depending on how the "local" sales go this may happen before InDIYana, so it is not too early to ask. But if you contact me please consider that a commitment.

Also, I cannot guarantee that I can ship the larger 18" drivers safely so a direct handoff is probably best. Anything 15" or smaller can be shipped.

Please keep in mind that shipping will incur an additional cost. Thanks for your understanding.

-Charlie

• Email sent

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • If I could I would likely snitch the w3-2141 and rs270p4a. Not really sure I should....

• @Wolf said:
    If I could I would likely snitch the w3-2141 and rs270p4a. Not really sure I should....

FYI someone has already spoken for the RS270s...

I will post an update to the spreadsheet list in a few hours. A few things have sold out already.

• If still available, I'd like to purchase the w3-2141 for wolf.

• Hmmm, not sure I buy the sincerity! =) If so, drop me an Email. It's not a bad driver for sure.

• Email sent.

• Email sent

• I'm interested in the Seos 8 and 10 WG and the Celestion CDs

• Please Email me on items of interest or to buy. Thanks. The address is at the top of the driver list spreadsheet.

• I hate living on the east coast….. anyone driving to the get together from the east coast or within 3-4 hrs of eastern VA? Charlie, I’m highly interested in a bunch of items, but mostly the SI drivers…..but know shipping in both logistics and cost does not make sense…..

• Hey its only 10-11 hours up to here! YOU... CAN... DO... IT!

jr@macjoeybutts
  • @charlielaub said:
    Hmmm, not sure I buy the sincerity! =) If so, drop me an Email. It's not a bad driver for sure.

Payment sent. Please give the pair of W3-2141 to Ben "Wolf" at Indiyana.

• Ben, you got drivers coming whether you like it or not!! No problem. I will mark them sold. Thanks.

• edited March 2023

I just posted an updated list that shows the driver that have been sold and what remains available.

• Man Charlie, you're going to free up a couple rooms in your house! You're not giving up on speaker building are you?

PWRRYD
  • :'(

Haha poor Ben. A good problem to have.

• Email sent. Are the Celestion CDs screw or bolt on?

• I believe they are 2-bolt-on type.

• @tktran said:
    :'(

Haha poor Ben. A good problem to have.

Too many drivers? You think 120 is a lot...

tktranSteve_Lee
  • @DanP said:
    Man Charlie, you're going to free up a couple rooms in your house! You're not giving up on speaker building are you?

I am still an addicted speaker builder but these days I am focusing my efforts. Some of these drivers were buy-and-try for nude OB systems and were OK but were superceded by other drivers for that role. Many drivers are left over from when I had to bring up my total at PE above $100 to get free shipping. Or when I had the idea to build an MTM, or Econowave, or large ported sub, or whatever. Most of those projects just never really made it off of the ground. Largely this is because I just cannot craft decent looking cabinets and there are not any available to the DIYer any more. So have had lots of ideas over the years, but no good way to execute them. Over time I amassed way too many drivers for my own good!

These days I am into nude OB type systems. I did hold back a few drivers for that purpose. I realized that it was finally time to slim down the horde in preparation for an upcoming move. And, yes, I am hoping this will free up a bunch of space in one of the rooms in my home so there is less to drag along with me. Wish me luck on that...

DanPrjj45Steve_Lee6thplanetBilletBryan@MAC
  • I'll take the nib Dayton WG tweeters, I can fit them in my carry-on when I fly in for Indy.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    I'll take the nib Dayton WG tweeters, I can fit them in my carry-on when I fly in for Indy.

Hi Johnny, Can you send me an email with p/n and quantity to the address at the top of the spreadsheet? I am keeping records there. Would help me out. Thanks, Charlie

• No problem, sir.

I have a signature.
  • Email sent.

I have a signature.
  • email received and replied to. Thank you Sir! :)