Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Up next, something a little nicer...

2»

Comments

• edited May 2023

@PWRRYD said:
    JR I think you guys have met at least once, maybe twice in Ankeny. He brought a 3 way OB project with active/passive xo (year of the power outage and kitchen fire maybe). One of the amps was an old Dynaco ST70 for the MT.

good memory !
    kit from http://tubes4hifi.com that I reconfigured / built an aluminum based chassis

• I stand corrected, good sir.

I have a signature.
  • I'm not going to side track JR's thread here but I too am going to build something a bit nicer next, as well as the Twenty 6Rs.

kenrhodes
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I'm not going to side track JR's thread here but I too am going to build something a bit nicer next, as well as the Twenty 6Rs.

I've got some 5 inch SBs if we want to start something...

kenrhodes
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited May 2023

Challange! =)

kenrhodes
  • Told Jonny I have a pair of the silver aluminum SB's if he wanted to roll another flavor of those drivers.

kenrhodes
  • edited May 2023

Challange! =)

kenrhodes
  • Oh, I did something interesting with the box tuning - stay "tuned" lol.

kenrhodes6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • I was kind of "feeling good" when I made that last comment. Nothing too groundbreaking, and may not implement it at all.

I have a signature.
  • I used OW1 and 3 and did not like the sound long term. There was always something harsh about them. May be it was just me.

VCORPUZ23
  • Will not be doing anything unique with the tuning - it did not work out and the technique was not worth mentioning.

Traditional it is.

hifisidejhollander
    I have a signature.
  • Looks cool JR. I really liked the Vermillions, and I'm looking forward to hearing the Hermosas.

• @jhollander said:

@PWRRYD said:
    I'm not going to side track JR's thread here but I too am going to build something a bit nicer next, as well as the Twenty 6Rs.

Would there be room for some 7 inch SEAS?

• @S7910 said:

@jhollander said:

@PWRRYD said:

Would there be room for some 7 inch SEAS?

See the other thread

• hifisidetajanesS7910kenrhodes4thtryVCORPUZ23
    I have a signature.
  • ugly_wooferkenrhodes6thplanet4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • jr
    can you post final Xover when completed - thx

• I will be doing a formal writeup on this one, as well.

ugly_wooferkenrhodessquamishdroc4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • edited May 2023

Thx

• edited May 2023

These must have turned out pretty good, they caught my wifes attention. As most of you are aware, she is my harshest critic and never pulls punches. Her ears are definitely better than mine. I got a thumbs up from her after an extended listening session yesterday afternoon. The tweeter doesn't seem to suffer from the low crossover point and the bass is pretty solid for a small design. I am going to give it an 80hz highpass today and turn on the dual 12" subs and see how they do with bass down to 25Hz.

kenrhodesugly_woofersquamishdroc6thplanetWolf4thtryColonel7jhollanderSteve_LeeS7910
    I have a signature.
  • Writeup done. Not a technical writeup this time, just be advised.

4thtrykenrhodesRon_Etajanes
    I have a signature.
  • I will be modifying these to use the passive radiator, the aluminum 6.5" from Dayton.

I have a signature.
  • Are these still coming to Iowa next weekend? I'm still trying to finish up my SB 5" project.

How about your's John H.?

• edited October 2023

@jr@mac said:
    writeup done.

Can you provide some input on your selection choice of series vs parallel notch filters, maybe some do's and dont's >asking for a freind ;)

• @tajanes said:

@jr@mac said:
    writeup done.

Can you provide some input on your selection choice of series vs parallel notch filters, maybe some do's and dont's >asking for a freind ;)

I certainly can, when I am at a real computer.

I have a signature.
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Are these still coming to Iowa next weekend? I'm still trying to finish up my SB 5" project.

Yessir.

tajanesSilver1omo
    I have a signature.
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Are these still coming to Iowa next weekend? I'm still trying to finish up my SB 5" project.

I finished the design and got the wood and veneer. Then the priorities got changed to drywall plumbing and electrical for the shop. 😟. So no nothing new.