Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New project - The Farvalpeas

2»

Comments

• @jhollander said:
    Ready for MWAF...

Um yeah, NO.

Steve_Leejhollander
  • Now that the big room is back you should go. Granted there are a ton of negatives, but it's a blast to listen to so many speakers one after another. You get to see and hear stuff that never makes it to Indy and Iowa.

It's exciting to see if you can guess what speakers the judges will pick. Will Vance and Andrew agree? Who will get snubbed? Will the favored builder(s) win again? The bonus is you get to participate with the bitching and complaining after the event.

6thplanetDrewsBrews
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Yes, this is part of the fun for me, seeing if I agree with the judges' sentiments.
    Hearing all of the entries sheds light on drivers I've not heard prior, and I like that too.

• Get off my lawn!

Silver1omokenrhodesjhollanderrjj45ScottS
  • Just finished rolling on the second (and final) coat of finish on these enclosures. I only had a 1/4 quart of leftover Behr gray latex paint that I used on my Rival MTM project that I took to Indy this Spring. I found another leftover 1/4 quart of roll on grade black Duratex. Mixed them together. I'm quite happy with the darker gray color and the final texture. Pics to follow tomorrow.

kenrhodesSteve_Lee
  • a4eaudiohifisideSteve_Leekenrhodesjhollandertajanes6thplanetTurn2S7910Silver1omoand 1 other.
  • Very sharp sir , I love me the look of a loaded baffle !! I think its the size of the tweeter to mids that make it look aesthetically pleasing to my eyeballs. Very sharp

• Thanks Ben and Nick. I am really pleased with how these have turned out thus far. The pictures are slightly off colorwise. I took them on my driveway in full sun light. The gray paint on the cabinets is actually a good bit darker out of the sun and the baffles are a more cinamon colored, not so "golden oak stain" looking. I'm ready to take my battery of measurements and start working up a crossover design. Then LMT...

For reference these MTM's are 15" tall, 7.5" wide, and 10.5" deep. The oak baffles are 1" thick with 1" radius roundovers on all 4 edges. It will be interesting to see what the relative Z offset is between the tweeter and the midbasses. Visually there isn't much difference. The actual measurements will tell.

• I like the slight relief btwn baffle and box

• Sharp, dude!

• Looking forward to hearing these.

I have a signature.
  • Thanks JR! They should be decent.

So I haven't even completed this project or my "something better SB15" project and I am already at this point with my 2024 InDIYana theme project...

Wow right? Without sharing too much info, a SB 6.5" woofer in 36 liters total net. Duel chamber bass reflex, 3 way. Woofer and mid already chosen, tweeter choice still in the air.

jhollanderugly_wooferSilver1omoSteve_Lee