Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

NEW - The Beatles - Now And Then (Official Music Video)

Comments

• edited November 2023

As a Beatles fanatic, I just had to pre-order this from iTunes and really enjoy it for what it is.

OK, it's not Strawberry Fields or Day in the Life, but it's not Revolution 9 or Wild Honey Pie either. To me it's no big deal that it was assembled the way it was: almost all studio records are made that way anyhow, and it's a more honest approach than, say, recent Hendrix studio releases which were apparently Pro-Tooled together and sound quite stilted and sterile.

I've watched the Peter Jackson video, the 'making of' video and various 'reaction' clips - the best of which is by Rick Beato - and it grows on me with each listen. The Jackson video is beautifully done.

The title has particular significance for Paul, as John's last words to him were 'think of me every now and then, old friend'.

If you liked Free as a Bird or Real love, you should like Now and Then.

Geoff

• Here's some background on how it was done.

GeoffMillar
  • After listening, my reaction was somewhat muted. Seemed kind of boring to me. Will be interesting to see how it does in the ratings.

• I'm with you, Bill. It's a decent song, but not in the same league as their classics. I actually heard it on public radio this afternoon while I was working in the garage. The video is a little much - at least for me.

• If you think the new track is a bit slow, have a look at this:

Some enterprising musician has covered this song, but in an early Beatles style, very clever!

Geoff

Ron_E
  • @GeoffMillar said:
    If you think the new track is a bit slow, have a look at this:

Some enterprising musician has covered this song, but in an early Beatles style, very clever!

Geoff

The bass player needed to play left handed. ;-)

• @Ron_E said:

The bass player needed to play left handed. ;-)

Correct, Ron!

This sort of mistake has been made even on official releases such as the Hendrix Band of Gypsys 'puppet cover', which has Jimi playing right handed.

Geoff