Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Graphic design needed

2»

Comments

• edited November 2023

😎

ugly_woofera4eaudiotajanesSteve_Leehifisidejhollander
  • Awesome! I see tube sockets. Is this something you are designing?

• Yeah, bass guitar preamp. This drives an ICEpower 700AS/X.

hifisidejhollandertajanesRon_EkenrhodesSteve_Lee4thtry
  • Very cool!

6thplanet
  • Have to check it out and see if I did everything right. If that seems good, start population.🤘🏼

a4eaudiohifisideSteve_Lee4thtryugly_woofertajanesjr@mac
  • @6thplanet said:
    Have to check it out and see if I did everything right. If that seems good, start population.🤘🏼

That is SWEET!!

6thplanet
  • Those look really nice! PC board manufacturing has come a long way. Are you thinking of marketing this as a high-end boutique product?

6thplanet
  • I'm thinking about it all right. It sounds pretty good, chances are a few somebody else's would think so too. What the heck, eh!!

Unfortunately there's some boo boos on my part on this batch. I've made the changes in KiCad and will get the revised boards ordered in a few weeks. Meanwhile, I can work around the fuck ups and start assembling one to verify function and check for noise from my layout. I DMM measured everything to the schematic and that's all fine.

kenrhodesSteve_LeeTom_S

• Board populated, waiting on some hardware. Unexpected bills and Christmas will be delaying further advancement.

ugly_wooferTom_SRon_EJasonPWolfSteve_Leejhollander4thtry
  • Got a working unit going. Sounds fine! Only major issue is all the pots work backwards🤦🏻‍♂️😆. The footprint for the pot was opposite for how I was mounting the pots. Fixed that and decided to make the regulators mount on top of the PCB, too.

Should be able to get the revised boards ordered next month.

Steve_LeeNicholas_23Tom_S4thtry
  • Version 2.0 up and running. All the crap I screwed up on 1.0 is addressed and some major improvements. Thing sounds hella good now! Next I have to design the chassis for them.

Steve_LeePWRRYDSilver1omoTom_S4thtryjhollander
  • Picked up the third iteration of the chassis today. Everything fits and I think this part is done.

jr@mactajaneshifisideTom_S4thtrySteve_LeeSilver1omougly_woofer
  • IDK... kinda way too techy for a musically talented person :p

6thplanetjhollander
  • Boston . . .

• Just don't be a perfectionist/dickhead like Scholz.

• I'd be fine with being a dickhead - its the only way to get things done when other people involved and then you get to keep your money.

• ? Clueless as to the "Boston" and "Scholtz" comments.

• edited March 29

The band Boston... Tom Scholz, the guy who wrote every song, played every instrument, and recorded and produced the first album in his aparment. The only thing he didn't do was sing. He had to form a band just so they could go out and perform his songs. He was an Engineer from Kodak I believe and he designed and built all of his own guitar effects. But also known to be a very hard guy to work with.

Steve_Lee
  • Ahh! Ok
    Definitely sounds like a brother from another mother😉

....I'm sure I've been called a dickhead at some point in life...😛

Steve_Leeugly_woofer
  • Happens to me almost daily. :p

• @ugly_woofer said:
    Happens to me almost daily. :p

Dido.

• There was a period in my life where I was called that too. But things that come our way in life tend to change us.
    Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. People seem to like the new "kinder/gentler Craig". I know I'm a more greatful and at peace person now. A cancer diagnosis close to you tends to recalibrate your compass so to speak.

jr@macDanPScottSjhollander6thplanetSteve_Lee
  • Sorry for that highjack. Back to the rocking bass guitar amp build.

6thplanetSteve_Lee
  • Picked up the chassis' today.

Got a sample of some dark bronze anodized aluminum coming. If I like that, then I'll get a big piece to have the fancy fronts cut out of it. Then those are going to Keith for laser etching.

Also have Ken working on printing my logos.

Steve_Leea4eaudiokenrhodeshifisideugly_wooferjhollanderTom_SRon_E