Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

INDIY 2024 pentapath TL project

13»

Comments

• Oh my goodness!!!

• You get a smudge sir!

• Those 2.5ways look great, Eggman!

• Gorgeous, too.

• Like their designer, they have some internal issues that are not immediately obvious to everyone.

a4eaudiotajanesSteve_LeeWolfjr@mac6thplanet4thtry
  • Nice work. How were the wire grills formed?

• Looks like 1/2" hardware cloth pressed through the speaker surround baffle using the cut-out portion as a mandrel or die then spray painted black. Just a guess . . . Eggie?

• Good guess, but not quite. Welded wire mesh will not form properly because the wires are not able to slide on each other while forming the curved portions. I used a #5 stainless steel woven mesh then painted.

Steve_Lee
  • I do think that my speakers are sounding better and better with each build. And also I think that I may have finally graduated from audio enthusiast to an actual audiophile now. I say this knowing that a small percentage of you might disagree, but I have found that my right ear prefers the sound of the walnut speaker and my left the cherry one.

jr@macSteve_LeeDrewsBrews
  • @Eggguy said:
    And also I think that I may have finally graduated from audio enthusiast to an actual audiophile now.

Hmm, I thought that was a bad label? Not sure how I would take it if someone called me an audiophile.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I agree John. I was in a silly mood last night.

• I checked the carbonation level of a recently kegged homebrew and I may have oversampled just a bit.

jr@mac
  • That reminds me. I need to bring some bottles of this wild hops homebrew to hand out this weekend. Just no drinking it there in the main room so the group dean't get banned from the hotel. Would need to chill it anyway.

• My room should have a fridge.

jhollanderPWRRYDugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • I'm trying to think, if I had some beer that I wanted to keep safe, would I put it in JR's fridge?

6thplanetjr@macPWRRYDSilver1omougly_wooferWolfTurn2Steve_Lee4thtry
  • My speakers no longer fart. After some constructive criticism at InDIY, which I greatly appreciate, I removed the wood side panels from my speakers and thinned down some gorilla glue with solvent, punched holes through the pvc sheet and filled the voids caused by some oil-canning. I also sealed up as many places as I could with caulk in order to attempt to separate the upper and lower woofer chambers. Impossible but but still I must try. Now I would like to find a switcher for quick AB comparisons on different crossovers. I will be using my laptop in mono as a source. What about a remote controlled volume module rewired as a balance control? PE 320-6012