Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Diy stands

edited January 4 in DIY

I am new to cnc, still learning. Today i made speaker stands. Base is on a smaller side, didnt wsnt to use another sheet of mdf.
![](https://diy.midwestaudio.club/upload
s/editor/8d/fuhjhi879uv7.jpg "")

Tom_Shifiside4thtryTurn2Steve_LeeGowarjj45

Comments

• A

hifisideRon_ESilver1omoa4eaudio4thtryDanPrjj45jr@mac6thplanetkenrhodesand 5 others.
  • Does this looks a little better?

hifiside4thtrykenrhodesSteve_Lee6thplanetrjj45
  • How about a pic of those doors- and a story?

• Those look really nice!

• edited January 10

Nice work!

I made some similar to the first ones but with maple and painted pine. I filled the cavity with play sand. A few hours later the sand somehow swelled and split the length wise glue joints (they were pegged too), but the joints all closed back up by the next day.. guessing due to the sand fully drying out. To hide the wires I just used the peel and stick plastic wire hooks on the back of the vertical section

• Well done!
    I made a pair of stained pine stands that look very similar to yours. The wood grain pattern on your pair, however, look much better than mine. For comparison, here is a shot of my stands holding up a speaker, using vintage Radio Shack drivers, at the IowaDIY 2016 event:

Steve_Leehifiside
  • @4thtry said:
    Well done!
    I made a pair of stained pine stands that look very similar to yours. The wood grain pattern on your pair, however, look much better than mine. For comparison, here is a shot of my stands holding up a speaker, using vintage Radio Shack drivers, at the IowaDIY 2016 event:

I still listen to those from time to time. If my daughter hadn't done the decorative design I would finish them.

DrewsBrews4thtrySteve_Leehifiside6thplanet
    I have a signature.