Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Dakota or Chicago DIY event this year?

JR, any chance there will be a Dakota DIY event this year? I really liked the room you had at the last one. How about another Chicago event if Bryan is reading this.

Jim

Comments

• Yes, it is happening. Checking calender at the moment. 
    Nicholas_23Turn2
    I have a signature.
  • Excellent!

Jim
  • I agree with Jim , nice place and decent amount of room . Easy to get to as well being its pretty much right off the interstate 
  • That's good to know. Dakota happens to be the nearest event to me, closer than Iowa too!!!

Chicago would be good too... Something informal in somebody's basement was brewing???
  • What ever happened to the Rockford event?

Ron
  • I think that was the Chicago one???
  • I'd totally be in for Chicago if people can't be lured to Milwaukee instead. Lots of beer and cheese up here.  Just sayin.
  • Chicago I'd doable, Rockford is closer, Milwaukee is fine too.... 
  • How does June 9-10th sound?
    I have a signature.
  • I had mentioned the possibility of an informal Rockford DIY.  My projects at work are quickly ramping up (read: extra hours).  Add in a family summer vacation as well as painting our house and it gets pretty difficult to pull off an event bigger than a half dozen guys coming over to my house and listening to speakers on a Saturday.
  • jr@mac said:
    How does June 9-10th sound?
    Right now, that sounds doable for me.

Jim
  • Hi guys.  I'm not entertaining the idea of a Chi-DIY this year as much as I wanted to.  Of course anyone else in the vicinity is more than welcome to host a party. Honestly, I'm worried about the safety of DIY'ers in the city.  We'd definitely have to go out to the burbs and I, personally, don't have it in me to make it so.  I heard Sioux Falls is pretty cool..........    
    PWRRYDani_101
    My signature goes here
  • What about Axpona? Any plans for that?  Any particular safety issue? I would be in the city a few times in the next couple of months.
  • jr@mac said:
    Are we talking Sioux Falls?
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    jr@mac said:
    Are we talking Sioux Falls?
    We are
    kennyk
    I have a signature.