Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Next project - nice bookshelf

edited March 20 in DIY

Been a minute since I did a two-way, so here we go. Drivers will be that Seas Prestige (H1488-04 L16RNX) I recently picked up and the SB Acoustics wave guide dome tweeter (SB26STWGC-4). Box size to be determined after measuring the Seas - but I will make an assumption that 0.3-0.35 cubic feet will do the trick. I bet I can get away with 1500hz crossover on that SB, which will help with the awesome breakup on the Seas.

Anyways, will be a typical JR 2-way with a faceted baffle. Should make for a good playback monitor in a studio, and if the woofer wasn't NLA that is exactly where I would make sure they ended up. As it is, this is just another of my designs that suffers from that aspect.

I have a signature.
kenrhodes

Comments

• I hope to start making sawdust in a few weeks, the weather is turning in to shit for the next week or so.

I have a signature.
  • Yet again

• Table saw 2024 maiden voyage. In the mid 40s here, so made sawdust and got flat packs cut.

I have a signature.
  • Need to name these. Hmmmm.

I have a signature.

• First garage beer of the season. Fingers are cold, but it is delicious!

hifisideScottSPWRRYDjohnny5jz
    I have a signature.
  • Modeled alignment, 0.5ohm series resistance (probably be using an air core):

Baffle:

I have a signature.
  • Supposed to be nice this weekend, I hope to do the glue up, machine driver openings, and cut the facets. Possibly even start prepping for the Exohyde.

I also have this to finish. Centerpiece for a friends wedding on April 20th:

I will be doing this in the Exohyde, as well.

Anyways, time for work.

Silver1omougly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • @Silver1omo said:
    HP fan?

?

I have a signature.
  • Harry Potter, that looks like the deathly hallows sign.

• But I guess it actually is Celtic...

• @Silver1omo said:
    Harry Potter, that looks like the deathly hallows sign.

It is a Harry Potter themed wedding. I'm not in the know on HP, I just made the thing lol.

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • Looks like there was probably some decent size plywood pieces left after those cuts. Could be nice for making small clamping jigs, crossover boards, etc.

• @jr@mac said:

@Silver1omo said:
    Harry Potter, that looks like the deathly hallows sign.

It is a Harry Potter themed wedding. I'm not in the know on HP, I just made the thing lol.

Makes sense.

• Supposed to start getting really nice starting today, so maybe tonight I do the glue-up, tomorrow night do the machining, and Thursday night I start prepping for the finish. If I can maintain momentum, I would like to Exohyde the wedding centerpiece above and these on the weekend.

I have a signature.

• Glue up done get after the matching after Indy

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Nice clamps!

jr@macNicholas_23
  • Those GRS boxes look familiar

jr@mac
  • @Nicholas_23 said:
    Those GRS boxes look familiar

That they do, good sir.

I have a signature.
  • @Nicholas_23 said:
    Those GRS boxes look familiar

I'll get them back to you as soon as I can.

I have a signature.
  • While I'm in the grip of insomnia, thought I would share a pic from the wedding. This is the wedding I built the centerpiece for:

The bride is a very special friend of mine, so I was happy to do it.

6thplanethifisidekenrhodes
    I have a signature.