Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Personal - job changes

So I started at this company last April as a lowly process tech, tasked with the stuff process techs are tasked to do. Within the first few months I had grown the position into very much an engineering role, designing and implementing upgrades etc. They trusted me with more and more shit, sending me off-site to vendors for FAT, etc. 

Last January, they offered me a raise and additional responsibilities by making my position a dual role of process engineer and safety manager. I now carry my OSHA 10 hour card, and plan on getting the 30 hour card next fall.

Today I accepted an offer to assume the role of maintenance manager. 

Anyways, just wanted to share this - I have had trouble finding the right company since being laid off from my dream job in 2007, so this series of events is exactly what I needed to restore my sense of professional pride. 
I have a signature.
Silver1omokennykThumperTomD1PP1NBryan@MACduanebrosquamishdrocJavadS

Comments

• Congratulations JR! It sounds like you've earned the promotions through hard work and initiative. Finding a good company to work for is a struggle.

Jim
  • Good to know good things do happen. Way to go JR!!! very difficult to find the right fit..
  • I went through reorganization layoffs in '03 and again in '13. At my age I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'd never work in that field again. I'm not entirely engaged where I work now, but it sure beats not working. When I got a bump up the ladder in December, it made all kinds of difference in my attitude. Congrats on making the best of what you're dealt.
  • Congratulations JR. 

I used to have a factory job and had to point out to management that I was making as much as the drunk they fired. Didn't change a thing.  ;-)
  • 9jr@mac said:
    So I started at this company last April as a lowly process tech, tasked with the stuff process techs are tasked to do. Within the first few months I had grown the position into very much an engineering role, designing and implementing upgrades etc. They trusted me with more and more shit, sending me off-site to vendors for FAT, etc. 

Last January, they offered me a raise and additional responsibilities by making my position a dual role of process engineer and safety manager. I now carry my OSHA 10 hour card, and plan on getting the 30 hour card next fall.

Today I accepted an offer to assume the role of maintenance manager. 

Anyways, just wanted to share this - I have had trouble finding the right company since being laid off from my dream job in 2007, so this series of events is exactly what I needed to restore my sense of professional pride. 
    Wow! JR, that is awesome. It is so difficult to find the right job sometimes. I gave up persuing my QC Enginner career after 10 years of 3 layoffs desite earning my LSS Green Belt and two promotions. 

I am a "master technician" with Pepsi now. I drive around in my white van, meeting new people, troubleshooting and repairing all sorts of bevrage related resturant equipment. My work stands on its own, I am 1/4 top-ranked out of ~3000 techs, there is ZERO stress, it is stable, and I am happier and more satisfied than ever. I have been offered management, but since I make as much with a better schedule, why bother? 

The point is doing what makes you happy. I was ready to give up on everything after my last lay-off, but like a running back my heart told me to keep my legs moving and eventually I broke out of the noise. 

I am glad you have too, with a company who appriciates your talents and you SHOULD feel proud of yourself professionally. Personally, too for not giving up. I am really happy for you brother. I hope doors keep opening for you! 
  • Great to hear JR! As most of you know, I work for Bose now. Coming from automotive repair and seeing where that was heading it became clear to get away from the stress of that job I had to make a change. Now I show up to work and fix speakers all day, relaxed and stress free, the way work should be.
    Mzisserson
  • Thanks guys - going to be fun. 
    I have a signature.
  • Good to hear that!
  • That's great news. Congratulations JR!
  • Congratulations JR!
  • Congratulations! I'm in the process of looking for a job now. It is heart warming to read stories like yours. 
  • Congrats JR! Our profession takes too much of our life to not be satisfied. Glad to hear you like it and feel appreciated!
  • Very well said Mike.