Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Realistic Minimus-18...

...ordered a pair "as-is" off ebay - I heard a rumour they use the much-venerated 40-1197 "FE-103" 4" full range from the factory. 

If nothing else, will be fun to listen to them, get some measurements, and give them away to someone else to play with. If they do have the FE-103 driver, they will cannibalized because those are actually pretty solid old drivers. 

I have a signature.
Mzisserson

Comments

• Also, I have a pair of cool 4" woofers and some tiny 3/4" tweeters that will probably drop in with little to no work and re-purpose the cabinets if the drivers are junk. 
    I have a signature.
  • How are the cabs Jr?
  • Have not shipped yet. Im hoping to have them by the weekend. 
    I have a signature.
  • Drivers were junk. Cabinets so-so condition, very shit quality. 

Good for a quickie:

I have a signature.
  • Thise the new drivers?
  • Yep, buyout woofer from Sharts Express and a Silver Flute tweeter from MCM. 
    Nicholas_23MzissersonTurn2
    I have a signature.
  • Might lay felt on the baffle, will add a couple glue blocks and simple braces. Throw a few cheap caps and coils at it. 
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Yep, buyout woofer from Sharts Express and a Silver Flute tweeter from MCM. 
    Crap! I just realised I have a pair of thise tweets from years ago. 

Sharts express lulz!
  • I think of it as "Farts Express" when I remember the Jeff Stahl post calling members "girls".

That said, yesterday I ordered a pair of $17 ND90-8 for a project :anguished: 
    Mzisserson
  • It's ok, Jeff Stahl can pee next to me.
    PWRRYD
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Did I mention the cabinets are about 5/16""? Awesome. 

Hope to play this weekend.
    I have a signature.
  • I decided not to do any measurements - I voiced that Dayton 8" 2-way I did last year by ear, and came pretty close. I want to try it on this design as well. 
    kennyk
    I have a signature.