Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Potential group buy.

I have a source for Erse Audio caps. Anyone interested in a group buy? These would be the black caps in values from 2.2uF up to 18uF. 250V.
No pricing yet, I am still working out the details, but I think I can come close to the Dayton Audio shit.
Thoughts?

I have a signature.
kenrhodes

Comments

• I think I can get others in the line, as well. I'll check.

I have a signature.
  • I should add, that's in standard values.

I know they used to offer weird values like 2.4, 3.6, 5.1, 6.0, 6.2, 9.1, 11, 13, 16 - I can check to see if they are also available. If so, might be able to offer them as an expansion pack.

I have a signature.
  • https://erseusa.com/product-category/capacitors/

These are the strangest capacitors I've ever seen!

DanPAnalogkid4554thtryTurn2
  • ^ They look more like prostate mashers to me . . .

Tom_S
  • Inductors look like bicycle gloves.

• JR- can I ask what drove the path to getting some of these? Being you don'tseem to hold one cap any higher than the next, I was just curious....

• Erse USA website is obviously defunct.

I have a signature.
  • @Wolf said:
    JR- can I ask what drove the path to getting some of these? Being you don'tseem to hold one cap any higher than the next, I was just curious....

I keep my cap opinions to myself for good reason.

I just thought people would like decent caps at a great price. I have no agenda.

I have a signature.
  • edited July 2

You know that Jim Smolik died and that was why, correct? Then the company closed, and the former employees started the UScoils company. UScoils sells caps too I thought...

• I'm certainly not a cap nazi, but I noticed a nice difference using Clarity CSA caps vs Dayton. If the Erse caps are that good, I would be interested in the group buy.

jholtzjr@macSteve_LeekenrhodesAnalogkid455
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @Wolf said:
    You know that Jim Smolik died and that was why, correct? Then the company closed, and the former employees started the UScoils company. UScoils sells caps too I thought...

I'm very aware of what happened to Erse.

I have a lead in the MPX caps that we can get for cheaper than they are selling them for.

rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • edited July 3

If these were the grey upper tier, I mighta bit.... however, understood....
    Don- I feel they are better than Daytons, as good as Jantzen CrossCaps and maybe even Z-Standards. They are also compact in size for the 250V. Good caps, and I still have some on hand.

rjj45
  • Sure! If the group buy happens at prices close to Dayton's, I'm in.

jhollander
  • I haven't been active recently, but finally have speaker building back on my schedule. Count me in if the buy goes through.

• I am in for a batch