Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

PCD Measurement help

I put a cap in series before a super tweeter to roll off the response and took measurements. It's a 4.7 if cap. So when I load into PCD, do I need to enter the cap anywhere. If not then in the final circuit where do I keep this cap?

Comments

• edited March 2017
    When I use a cap for "protection" while testing, I don't include it. Now, if it changes the effective FR I have to include it in the final measurement. Your cap has approx 4k hz filter, at 8ohms. Does this effect the FR to make a noticeable change?
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • ani_101 said:
    I put a cap in series before a super tweeter to roll off the response and took measurements. It's a 4.7 if cap. So when I load into PCD, do I need to enter the cap anywhere. If not then in the final circuit where do I keep this cap?
    No. The cap.is already accounted for in tge measurement itself. It woukd be like adding another 4.7 cap to the response. 

Whats the target XO? 4.7 may be a little too small.... make sure its roll off occurs at least one octave below the desired xo point. 
  • Planning to come around 7 or 8k. The mid is fr88ex. How do I know if the fr is changing or not? There doesn't seem to be much difference from the published FR and with the cap. There is a sharp knee and roll off at around 2k.
  • I am measuring for coming. Due to the low sensitivity of the woofer I have to measure everything at a pretty high level hence the cap. Don't mind the cap being part of the XO, but not sure how to account for it or where to add to the actual XO circuit, even if I don't include it in PCD.
  • No worries man,

That 4.7 is just fine then! Whatcha puttin together?
  • Yes, give us the details.  :)
  • This is for my InDIYana build... Three way with side firing woofer. Will take some snaps and post. Though not sure how it will turn out...
  • Ani, you are such a show off. Mine only has a port....Shucks.  :p
    Mzisserson
  • There is no port, so no bass....
    Mzisserson
  • Just throw a PR in there with 10KG of mass and you will have bass to -16HZ.....It will arrive 15min late, but who cares? Its moar basses! 
  • Total brain fart, was thinking PR. Mike has a point.
  • That's a cool box...............hmmmmm, it does remind me of another design...........
  • Ani, those look amazing! Please keep posted! 
  • you are right, loosely based on the W5, but sealed to stay within the guidelines and I didn't like the wonky bass response at 2.5 L with a 5 inch port. And the tweeter is in the front.
  • I like the looks of that!
  • ani_101 said:
    Preview... 

Cool design Ani! Is that baffle 1" mdf?
  • It's 3/4 MDF. It looks bigger than life as it is tiny! It's 6x8 and the overall length is 10inch. 
    squamishdroc
  • Lol, it looks HUGE
  • That would make a great PC speaker, very nice Ani
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)