Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Started project today

(Don't worry, the retro monkey coffin is still an active project, just have the stuff ready for this one).

Drivers are the 5" SB poly and the GRS RT3.0 which I picked up on sale for $55.

Here is how the woofer models:

Large enclosure for a 5", but the tradeoff for a 40Hz F3 is well worth it in my opinion.

Anyways, baffles are off to JuleFidelity since I suck at routing anything but a circle.

Will be a simple, straightforward design with 1" round-overs.

I have a signature.

Comments

• The peaky response around 10k has me pondering what I'm going to do to avoid excessive sibilance. Should be a fun challenge.

I have a signature.
  • I found that the Neo3 was kinda picky to get right, and the balance between sibilance and being dull was a very fine line. I'm sure you'll do fine.

• @jr@mac said:
    ...and the GRS RT3.0 which I picked up on sale for $55.

Looking forward to your distortion measurements and subjective thoughts. I think I have decided to get a pair (unless you end up being disappointed) but sadly the sale on these ended yesterday so I guess I'll wait for Black Friday.

• The employee did an outstanding job cutting these.! Lol

tajanesjr@macjohnny5jzugly_woofer4thtryTurn2Kornbreadrjj45Nicholas_23Steve_Leeand 1 other.
  • They look great!

I have a signature.
  • Those tweeters sure look cool. Hope they sound as good as they look!!

• I can pick them up Saturday morning if that works?

I have a signature.
  • If those 5" SB poly drivers sound anything like the 6" I used in my Indy 2024 theme project... you have a winning combo right there JR!

jr@mac