Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

State of this Forum

13»

Comments

• I am trolling his dumbass in his "whah I can't leave reviews whah" thread. He is a typical PETT fuckwad, unfortunately.
    I have a signature.
  • I had a bit of fun with that one.
  • Also looks like the dipshit in question was recently unbanned. 200 odd posts and still a "new member"
  • Who cares about profanity as long as it's used in the proper way? I can guarantee any abuse of the fact that we can say "fuck" will end badly, so keep it contextual and relevant and it will be just fine.
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan, agreed. This isn't a forum for little kids but audio DIY enthusiasts. I feel we can control our language and as you say if things get out of hand we can moderate the issue away.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • JasonP said:
    Bryan, agreed. This isn't a forum for little kids but audio DIY enthusiasts. I feel we can control our language and as you say if things get out of hand we can moderate the issue away.
    Agreed! Just as normal conversation goes, so should the forum. We're adults and hopefully reasonable people. If something or someone gets out of line or over the top, we should be able to tell him or her and, as reasonable adults, adjust accordingly. Let's just see how it goes. If something is offensive, the offended party can either say so or "change the channel."
  • reasonable and diy audio fanatics simply do not go together
    kennykjr@macJasonPThumperTom
  • As I outlined in my informal Terms of Service, just be nice. I think we can all agree that dissent is a normal and healthy part of any social discourse - but condescension and outright assholery warrants being called out. For example - Pallass is known for being contrary, he is also known for stating his opposition in a manner designed to treat people like drooling idiots. I can name a few others who behave the same way (and some with nowhere near the lucidity of Pallass), and personally - I will not tolerate that behavior. 

Some people make it a point to disagree no matter what, and those people offer nothing of worth to the advancement of DIY audio. 

A good rule of thumb: if you won't look a man in the face and say the things to him you are typing while hiding behind a keyboard, then don't do it. Simple. Similarly - if you suspect that what you are typing may lead to a confrontation "in real life" or if that confrontation happens even if you do not see it coming, odds are you an even bigger douche than you suspect and you should turn the computer off and do some reflecting on your life. 

We are all here because we have a passion for DIY audio, and I understand passion often trumps sensibility. This isn't high school - but the last thing I want is to create another circle jerk forum such as PETT. 

So dissent away, use grown up words when they fit and treat the people reading your posts with dignity and respect and we will grow and thrive as a community. 
    I have a signature.