Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Vifa OX20 how to mount?

How do you mount this tweeter?

Comments

• Contact Jason and have him give you details on his faceplate design.

Otherwise, Zaph has examples buried on his blog.
    I have a signature.
  • I like rubber bands.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Maybe a few dabs of hot glue would secure it enough.
  • Seepage can get on the dome and I may other uses for the tweet in the future.
  • I have used Loctite polyseamseal in all my recent builds. It is a strong adhesive but still can be removed with some degree of force, plus it'll bond almost anything.

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-1515770-Polyseamseal-All-Purpose-5-5-Ounce/dp/B004XGAR32
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • I've mounted similar tweeters sort of like Jason.  The flangeless OC25 has a tine lip that can be pressed against a mounting surface.  Then you just need to anchor it in from behind.

My signature goes here
  • Lots of ideas. JR, I remember asking Jason for his waveguide design - I should have it somewhere...

Jason, any specifics on how you mounted the tweeter in your Kozo design?
  • Bryan, I see that you have the tweeter recessed in from the backside of the baffle. How do you widen such a small hole? I doubt my router can get in there...
  • Kenny, which waveguide is that? Did you have to modify the throat opening for the Ox20? It looks like a perfect fit.
  • Ani, 

I believe if you purchase a variety of different sized Forstner bits, you will be able to duplicate BK's mounting method. 
    Bryan@MAC
    I have a signature.
  • Ah, Fostner bits - i was thinking hole saw.... I will look for comparable sizes...
  • edited August 2016
    Ani,
    It is a Denovo Audio DW-62S that I purchased from diysoundgroup. It appears they no longer sell them. I had to remove the threaded CD mount and notch the support ribs to accept the rubber bands. I might have a pair you can have(on the house) if you're interested.
    P.S. They're a perfect fit for the Vifa.
  • That waveguide used to be known as the Pyle 6" WG.  I believe I have a couple here.

I wish Vifa made a dome and RR without a faceplate that had a motor equivalent to the XT25G30/60.
  • Zaph used a 1-1/8" spade (although I recommend a Forstner), 1/2" chamfer bit on his router, and then rabbeted the backside an appropriate depth. I mounted a 1" flangeless neo tweeter years ago using a similar method. 

(Image not to scale)

I am sure BK did something similar. I used a firring strip screwed to backside of baffle to hold the tweeter in place. There are probably fancier means. 
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Ani, 

I believe if you purchase a variety of different sized Forstner bits, you will be able to duplicate BK's mounting method. 
    You got it JR!!  
    My signature goes here
  • ............. could you hum a few bars.