Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Comments

• Thanks for the heads-up.  Have a couple pairs on the way.
  • I thought that was a steal but no one else replied to this thread.  Is something up with the new rst28?  Bad batch or something?  hem?    
  • I will order some but It takes years to establish a rep.  I haven't heard them enough to have an opinion
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I think they are made by Peerless of India, but I could be wrong. They do a lot of interesting drivers OEM style. 

They are likely just fine, probably as good as the Usher they are replacing. I have a bunch for an interesting project coming up. 

I rather doubt there is a better tweeter at the price point - maybe the beast mode DX25 double magnet model. That thing is very impressive. 
    I have a signature.
  • edited November 2018
    Funny how tweeter preferences come and go. I have no doubt that these are outstanding $25 or even $40 tweeters, but I'm sort of focused on the $55-65 space - DA32, Wavecor, LD22. Eager to hear a near SOTA dome tweeter.
    .... and I've got a shelf full of Airborne AMT tweeters I've yet to use...
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • What is the word on these rs remakes?  Are they as good as the old ones or just another good but nothing special run-of-the-mill $30 tweeter?  They're on sale till Sunday.     
    rjj45
  • edited November 2018

hifisiderjj45jhollanderJasonPNicholas_23Bryan@MAC
  • What tweeter am I looking at?
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Dayton Audio RST28F-4 1-1/8" Reference Series Fabric Dome Tweeter 4 Ohm

• Thx.
  • Same tweeter that will be used in the Sonoclara.

Woofer: Rival Acoustics  R176-KVC-08

Tweeter: Dayton Audio RST28F-4

Type: TM ported (Stand-Mount)

Volume: Approximately 22 L

• I am such a sucker....  I have a pair of RST28F on order  :o
  • edited November 2018
    Aren't we all? :)
  • Did the same but since y'all bought the F version I went and bought the aluminum flavor. 
  • Did the same but since y'all bought the F version I went and bought the aluminum flavor. 

Gotta ask, where are you from?
  • Kornbread said:
    Did the same but since y'all bought the F version I went and bought the aluminum flavor. 

I bought the AL version too so I don't think it's a regional thing...
    Nicholas_23
  • Kornbread said:
    Did the same but since y'all bought the F version I went and bought the aluminum flavor. 

He lives two miles from me, we talk like that once in awhile. We also say "oofdah" :-)
    Turn2
    I have a signature.
  • I bet even Hollander can tell a difference in dialect from central MO to SEMO and he's only ~3 hours North. We get a clash of Ozark hillbilly and flantlander redneck speak here. 

Just funny hearing a yankee type southern.       
    Gowa
  • The old lady is from TN , suppose some of that has rubbed off on me 
  • +1 for Memphis, we grew up a block from Graceland.
  • I must confess..……..aluminum.
  • jr@mac said:
    Kornbread said:

He lives two miles from me, we talk like that once in awhile. We also say "oofdah" :-)
    I grew up in western IA, but had to move 100 miles north before I encountered oofdah. FWIW.
    jr@macWolf
  • PE must be sitting on a shit ton of the RST28's.  On sale for $29
  • Yup, suckered in at $25, Aluminum....I love speakers.....
  • What the heck is 'oofdah'?

If I were to get the new RST, it would be the aluminum version.

• Wolf said:

What the heck is 'oofdah'?

If I were to get the new RST, it would be the aluminum version.

Why?
  • Oofdah is a mild expletive used in various parts of the real midwest. Scandinavian in origin, along with saying "oop" (sometimes spelled 'ope')when you run into something or drop something. 
    I have a signature.
  • Predecessor of 'oops', possibly...
  • Gowa said: Why?
    I preferred the A before as well. I tend to prefer metal (or derivatives of) domes. Not that I don't like textiles, as I really also like the TN25, XT25, and SS AirCirc for examples. I don't always get the analytical/clean sound from a textile that I get from the metal types. There are always exceptions. I prefer the TDFC to the TBFC, but I also prefer the old RS28A to both of those.

Gowa