Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Next speaker project

Comments

• I had some weird stuff when editing a post with pictures the post would not show back up.  I also had a post from 2014 with a link to Google get deleted.  I think there's a bot running messing with posts.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Are they deleting anything that might hurt their sales?
  • Surprisingly no.

• I guess I don't see what you're referring to...
  • Well yeah... cause the post was deleted
    kennyk
  • PWRRYD said:
    Anyone else having PE Mods delete their posts over at TT?
    not yet, but it's only a matter of time. I predicted 10% traffic after the "purge". It's more like 1%.  I tried to warn them.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • My post wasn't the only one deleted.  They deleted a post from fpitas in the same thread (danny richie thread).
  • I don't see a Danny Ritchie thread, must be an ignore member on my list.
  • Smdh
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I'm surprised my "letting others pay for debugging" comment was not struck.

I see PE has developed a three month lead time due to suppliers. That is very interesting, given they have already EOL'd the previous generation.
    I have a signature.
  • edited August 2019
    A rebuttal to your post would have generated a major shit storm.  I think they hated it and cringed, but hoped most (newer) people wouldn't "get" what you posted.
  • In that same line of thinking, I wonder if I didn't just unknowingly fix their RST tweeter problems for them.
  • Logged out and found the thread. I have Unbiasedsound on my ignore list. Most of what I saw him post was "LOL/LMAO" so I nuked him on my account. As to Danny Richie, he is a shill for his own chest-thumped prowess, and has always been a proponent of snake-oil and half-baked logical theories. Supposedly he is award-winning, but I've never seen proof of his claims. He, Rick, Jeff, Dennis, dBe, and SL went round for round over at the old Mad-board over Bybee Slipstream filters and the like. Danny was the only one who thought they did anything. Danny actually stiffed the InDIYana event one year. He was a sponsor twice, and did not deliver the second time around. I would honestly steer clear of him.
    jholtzR-CarpenterS7910BrannigansLawPWRRYDkennyk
  • You're not the only one with UB on the ignore list. 

Who is Danny Richie and Xmax? 
  • edited August 2019
    Kornbread said:
    You're not the only one with UB on the ignore list. 

Who is Danny Richie and Xmax?  

A couple of D bags just like un-bi-ass-sound.
  • Xmax always likes to toot his own horn but never reveals who he is, or is not.  I previously asked him to identify himself or his products, he skated around the question.  I admit, I have issue with arrogant people.        
    rjj45
  • I have the distinct impression that Ben knows all the forum names and real names of everyone who has ever been on any DIY board. I think there is a massive database involved....
    PWRRYDkennyk
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • It was revealed that Xmax is Norman Druce. He also said he would sponsor InDIYana with some drivers, and did not complete the deal on his end.
  • I don't know everyone, especially the European builders and their handles over on DIYaudio. 
  • Wolf said:
    I don't know everyone, especially the European builders and their handles over on DIYaudio. 
    I'm crushed, dude. shattered. <grin>
  • Norman Druce "certified feral cat handler" hmm.... wonder what his gear sounds like?  
    rjj45
  • Finally!  Took a while but the PETT mods correctly deleted that troll's thread and banned that d-bag.  Can't believe Jeff and some others got sucked into his game.  Glad this forum has great moderation.
    rjj45
  • PWRRYD said:
    Finally!  Took a while but the PETT mods correctly deleted that troll's thread and banned that d-bag.  Can't believe Jeff and some others got sucked into his game.  Glad this forum has great moderation.
    It took them longer than I thought it would, but I'm also glad they yanked the thread and brought out the banhammer.
  • edited August 2019
    ... what and whom are we talking about?
  • Danny thread got deleted and lmao-smdh got banned over on PETT.
  • Wolf said:
    It's about time!
    Agreed!
  • Don't have a clue what thread you guys are talking about.  Guess I missed the action but un-bi-ass-sound, as Craig calls him, yea, I won't miss him.      
  • Ok, unblocked UB and read some of his post and other topics.  Good thing is some of the big names are posting once again but damn, why do people ask questions then tell those who reply, who are trying to help him, that they don't know squat unless they have written a peer-reviewed paper?  Surely there is a medical term for the problem; narcissistic personality disorder?

PETT seems to be going downhill.     

rjj45