Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Site Upgrade

2»

Comments

• Quick bug report JP.

Tried liking one of your posts and got this:

• Thanks. Looks like the update reverted all the custom configuration I did on the server. Will address shortly!
    kennyk
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Changed the setting back, let me know if anything else weird pops up!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Ok, seeing if I can find the time today to upgrade to Vanilla 3.2. It'll be a big move from 2.8 over several revisions. Hopefully a smooth transition. I'll backup everything just in case to restore the old version if it up and just breaks the site.
    jr@mac
  • After jumping through some hoops, updated to 3.2, so we have all the fixes and so on. Let me know if anything broke.
    ani_101S7910
  • Thanks for your time Jason 
  • Image upload isn't working.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Fixed. Somehow some of the web scripts for the upgrade didn't upload. odd.
  • edited October 2019
    JP deserves a big hug at Iowa for all his background work on this forum and with all he does on the tech side for MAC. This has grown way over my head and if it wasn’t for him MAC would just be an antiquated website. 

Thank you @JasonP
    jholtzani_101PWRRYD4thtryS7910
    My signature goes here
  • This site appears to have grown quite a bit.  Will it become the next TT? 
  • This is the only forum i visit now... and still miss out on driver deals....  :/ 

but on a little light hearted note, the life cycle of a new social media network... written not so clinically!
    https://natives.group/en_gb/blog/the-life-cycle-of-a-new-social-media-network
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    JP deserves a big hug at Iowa for all his background work on this forum and with all he does on the tech side for MAC. This has grown way over my head and if it wasn’t for him MAC would just be an antiquated website. 

Thank you @JasonP

+1
  • Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. Yes, maintaining this forum can be a bit taxing, but it is well worth it to have a place where we are all open to discuss any brand or make of component openly.

Kornbread said:
    This site appears to have grown quite a bit.  Will it become the next TT? 
    While I love seeing this site grow, replacing techtalk was never the intent behind it. At the start and still now, it has simply grown out of a need for a place to discuss all brands/makes/companies DIY audio products openly. It has become clear that techtalk, as sponsored by the company Parts Express does not wish to fill that role.

Now, if someday I can just figure out why attachments stopped working correctly... dag-nab-it!
  • Maybe some day Midwest Audio Club will become sales reps or distributors for some nice driver manufacturers.  Seems logical.
  •  ... or at least some sponsorship. 
  • PWRRYD said:
    Maybe some day Midwest Audio Club will become sales reps or distributors for some nice driver manufacturers.  Seems logical.
    2020 may prove to be very interesting.
    I have a signature.
  • Kornbread said:
     ... or at least some sponsorship. 
    Traditional sponsorship is likely not in our (or your) best interest. It is rare it comes no-strings-attached, and to JP's point above - that is one of the reasons we started this thing of ours.
    I have a signature.