Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Renaming my InDIYana theme build

I am floored by the response to my little speakers. My name had no thought behind it. Dayton 4 was just to organize the files on my pc... Someone suggested renaming them to "Shockers". I like this idea, but am a bit worried about people thinking they could get zapped. LOL. 

I am mulling over "Chakras".

Thoughts? Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Here are a couple photos, which should help with suggestions.  I like the angled baffle corner cutout that also functions as the BR port.  Cool. 

6thplanet
  • Those look great.  Is that Duratex?
  • How about "Micro Shocker Maximus"
  • Pretty sure those were brushed on paint, and not Duratex.

Names... 'Shockers' also has a below the belt connotation, so yeah- avoid that one.

Bermuda- it has a triangular void, if you get my drift...

Scalenes were a build by Gary Swan, so that's out.

Acute- That really fits well...

• Duane, are those the 4 ohm or 8 ohm TCP115?
  • edited May 2019
    There are a couple commercial designs with similar name, but I can't help but see these and think: The Orbits. My eyes just are glued to that huge surround on the woofer.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Short Cut.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Horned Toads
  • Reminds me of the one legged one eye dog called Lucky.
    kennyk
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • The Smirks.

• Those far exceded my expectations well done. 
      It was nice meeting you as well.
  • Those sounded great!  So much bass for a small box.  Is that port just an opening in the front baffle?

• There is a triangular partition that went back inside quite a bit in length.
  • Sorry about the delay in responding. I thought that I was set to get an email when someone commented. My bad. 

The black is duratex brushed on. The port goes all the way to the back and up the back wall a bit.
  • You could sell the naming rights to a cooperation, like ball fields.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I've been looking for an inexpensive design to use for a small boom box and these look like a good option. The cart total with port tubes comes in at only $60! 
  • I am going back through old posts. I never did rename these speakers. The Dayton 4 name was already being used on several forums so just left it.