Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Recycling

I have a quad of R176-KB-08s and couldn't decide how I would use them. Then I notice an unused pair of towers I made for the last NY/NJ DIY. They are nice but not "rock-and-rollers". 

(Boxes gifted from Roman)

And behold! 

On paper they should do mid 30's, will tell with measurements. Should be a good month. 

Kenny
............. could you hum a few bars.
Tagged:
JasonPBryan@MACTurn2

Comments

• Excellent use of extra tower space!  
  • Now that's thinking. :)
  • Nice! Is that black dyed oak? 
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I once tried to dye oak veneer black.  I finally gave up and just painted the oak veneer satin black with rattle cans.  It actually turned out super nice.  
    JasonP
  • rjj45 said:
    Nice! Is that black dyed oak? 
    I don't know. Roman gifted these to me and I didn't ask any questions. 😊
  • PWRRYD said:
    I once tried to dye oak veneer black.  I finally gave up and just painted the oak veneer satin black with rattle cans.  It actually turned out super nice.  
    Huh, awesome. I might have to try that approach sometime. Thanks!

Looking great Kenny!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • I had good luck with spray paint, as well. I laid it on heavy, and wiped it down right after. 
    I have a signature.
  • I was worried the spray paint would fill in the grain too much but it actually turned out quite professional looking.  
  • Oak will soak up a lot of paint before the grain starts disappearing. 
    I have a signature.
  • Yeah I guess that's what happened.  I applied two medium wet coats.
  • You don’t see this sort of transformation often. You got yourself a world-class contender there my friend. 
    My signature goes here
  • Love medical supplies. 😍

Perfect fit and 1L exactly. Fits the bill for a mid enclosure.

• Looking good Kenny! That should seriously kick the low end up (or down) a notch. What's the volume those woofers are in? I have a quad of the KVC's slated for an MTM. If the T/S are close to spec, I'm looking at 62L with an f3 of around 35Hz.
  • Approx 30-33L.