Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (4)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

When I win the lottery...

I'll never build a passive crossover again ;)

Just looking at the newly listed NAD products at Solen. This little guy it targeted at distributed audio, but it's a 8 channel Hypex amp with network DSP. 120W * 8 with channels bridgeable to 200W. Perfect for active speakers, the only catch is a CAD$4000 price tag, today that's USD$2875

There's a bigger one too with 150Wpc, 280W bridged, at CAD$5000.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
Tagged:
jhollanderani_101DanPrjj45

Comments

• Actually in the grand scheme of things it's not too bad. I was looking at the OKTO 8 channel DAC - that thing is 1000 Euro, add on 8 channel good quality amp - the 125asx2 icepower is around 120USD, so for 4 of them, its 480, so add in minidsp SharC for 185 that's around 1700 - add in the box and terminals, and it's just over 2k but now i have a bunch of boxes sitting all over the place. 

Of course i would take the Okto DAC over what is in the NAD and I would take ncore over icepower. but there are no NC122 ncores available readily.... but the NAD seems to use UcD...
  • edited May 2020
    oh and I can go 1 50asx for the tweeter, 2 x 125 asx for the upper mid and lower mid (or i can bridge them for 400 watts) and 1 500ASP and 1 500A for the low bass/subwoofer for 8 channel 
  • BTW I am also waiting for funds to grab the emotiva 8 channel amp, before it goes NLA, but in the current scenario, that seem unlikely (me have funds available).... but like all other mainstream multi-channel amp, the emotiva is only 30watts x 8 all channels driven and there is no dsp.
  • Re: multi-channel amp.
    I got one of these a few years ago.
    VERY clean specs, built like a tank. If you can find one, they are usually about $125 on the 'Bay.
    https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KM-X1-Channel-THX-Amplifier/dp/B001F3CBAS

ani_101
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!